8.0

1999 Chrysler 300M electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Chrysler 300M:

1999 Chrysler 300M Owner Comments

Mar 012016

300M 3.5L V6

I like my Chrysler 300m a lot; she is 17 years old with only 49, 000 mileage; I'm a collector and treats here that way. Was bought on a Miami car show, the same day that Bill Clinton bought the same model.

Problem : this is the second time I bought a brand new car battery. Fully charged I have no problems with the car. But the alternator does not recharge the battery, so after a week of driving the battery is empty. If I charge the battery everything works again till it's empty.

I put a new battery, close the car, turn off everything in the car that consume energy, put her in the garage and after a week, without driving the car, the battery is empty again. No problem was found at the charging system. What is emptying my brand new fully charged battery after a week of stalling in the garage.

If you drive and the charging system doesn't work I do understand that the battery is getting empty, but what if you don't drive at all?

Feels like a ghost under the hood. New battery, good altinator,good bendix/ brushes and without even toutching the car in a week , my battery is empty again.

PLEASE HELP; I LIKE MY BABY CAR. I FEEL HELPLESS IN NOT CARING FOR HER.

- , Paramaribo, Suriname