2000 Chrysler 300M electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Chrysler 300M:

2000 Chrysler 300M Owner Comments

Nov 082006

Starting in 2005, all my automatic door locks went out within a year's period. It started in the driver side door, making that awful, screeching/grinding sound when activated. Inspite of the sound, the door wouldn't unlock. We found a new lock motor would cost us over $200 installed! So my husband just disconnected it and I planned to use the key. Witin a years period, every one of the door locks failed in the same manner. And unfortunately, we can't find any replacements in salvage lots. Because they're all bad! This definitely should have been a recall issue. I've had 3 Chrysler's previously, but this will be my LAST.

- , Toccoa, GA, USA

Mar 032007

Oh, come on!!!! Had this car just about a year when the door locks started to make this really loud grind/squeal noise. Automatically lock, but will not unlock unless I use a key or manually unlock. You still have to push the unlock activator even though it won't push up the lock. Did I mention how much I'm beginning to hate this car?

- , North Salem, IN, USA

Apr 062007

300M 3.5L V6

The door locks in Chrysler's activate at 15MPH. The rear door lock squeals when opening and closing very loud. Lock doesnt open manually but does open with driver activated lock button. This problem happens to both rear door locks. Fronts did same thing but had them fixed under warranty. I think the Chrysler door lock mechanisms suck. On the other hand everything else about my 300M has been pretty reliable.

- , Anywhere, CA, USA