2001 Chrysler 300M engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chrysler 300M:

2001 Chrysler 300M Owner Comments

Nov 012008

300M V6

I won't rant until I find out how much the repair will be!

- , McKinney, TX, USA

Oct 072007

300M V6

The engine won't start properly. I have to press the gas pedal down to the floor and then let up quickly when it starts. It does this approximately 99% of the time. I get a very strong fuel smell also. It has been doing this consistently for the last 2 years! I love my 300m and want it fixed. I have had it at two of my local Chrysler dealerships (one in my town and one in a neighboring town). I also brought it to two different independent mechanics (both were recommended to me by friends as being very good and honest). Nobody can tell me what the problem is. It also idles rough. When I get a tune-up it's okay for a couple of hundred miles and then idles rough again. The hard start never goes away.

I've had the fuel pump/filter replaced and replaced the coil. Help, I would like to keep this car; I don't see another car on the road that I like the looks of better than my 300m, but I have to have a dependable car and this problem makes be doubt the dependability of my car. Also, it's embarrassing to have a vehicle that looks so good and sounds so bad!

While troubleshooting this problem, the mechanics have had to change the spark plugs more than they should have to be changed (I think).

- , Lemoore, CA, USA