2002 Chrysler 300M accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chrysler 300M:

2002 Chrysler 300M Owner Comments

Jul 012011

Over the past 2 or 3 years we have been experiencing issues with the key not always turning when put into the ignition. We've tried removing and reinserting key, turning the steering wheel, jiggling the gear shift, pressing in the brake, and switching keys. Sometimes these have worked right away, other times they haven't. So far, we've been lucky that it eventually started working again. This is extremely frustrating when you think you're stranded somewhere, or you're on your way to work and are late b/c you can't get the key to start the car. Not fun sitting in a hot car in 102 degree weather (the joys of living in Texas!) worried that you're going to be stranded there forever.

- , Katy, TX, USA

Jun 142004

Each time I try to turn the key to start the car I can't becasue the key will not turn. This problem started less frequently (about a month ago) and has gotton progressively worse each time I try to start the car... It seemed like if I .... rocked the car while in park, jiggle the steering wheel, jiggled the handle of the of the shifter (this is an automatic transmission) to try to put into drive, and move the steering wheel up and down then sometimes, the key will turn and I can start the car. Then the very next time I try to start the car of course the key turns just like nothing has happened. Yesterday I tried to start the car and after 10 minutes of jiggling the key and trying all my reliable fixes the car has me beat and still even today will not start. I'm wondering if there is something wrong with either the ignition switch lockout or with my transmission (I know one thing my wrist is tired from turning the key)???? Has anyone had this problem and fixed it?

- , New Freedom, PA, USA