2007 Chrysler Aspen miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chrysler Aspen:

2007 Chrysler Aspen Owner Comments

Jun 252016

My vehicle got stuck in gear and couldnt shift it back into park.had to call a tow truck to tow it cause I turned it off with the key and it still would shift into park.I had to wait till Monday the 27 of June to callthe mechanic and he towed it to his shop.he called me today and said it was the gear shift and transmission that were no good or messed up.this happend on Saturday June 25 and I was pulling out of some offices that I clean in round rock Texas 1970 rawhide.the firefighters acrss the street had to help my husband push it to the side of the street because we were on a slop and my car had roled back and almost hit some mail boxes.

- Georgetown, TX, USA

Jun 242016

We bought the Chrysler Aspen with the hemi engine new in 2007. The following year the problem began to rear its ugly head. Constant electrical problems due to water intrusion from the sun roof due to poor drainage. Truck was serviced numerous times by Chrysler with no positive results. Truck is hazardous to drive because all dash board lights will go on when it's raining or after its rained which causes a distraction while driving. This issue has happened while driving on a highway at 65 mph, city streets and also while the truck is stationary. This issue has been documented numerous times and Chrysler has made no effective engineering remedy. They even blame the environment I.e.trees for causing the problem as refusal to honor their warranty. We purchased the truck with a lifetime warranty and the truck was serviced in an attempt to correct the systemic problem. It is Chrysler's position that the environment is the cause of the problem not the engineering of the truck. Their are millions of cars and trucks with sunroofs that are left outside that don;T have leaks or electrical problems because of poor drainage. We have 32 pages of invoices from the Chrysler service dept, the vast majority are electronic problems. When we called Chrysler Corp. And finally spoke to someone today 6/24/16, we were told its the environment we can't speak to anyone higher then her, case closed, life time warranty voided for electrical issues.

- Glendale, NY, USA

Feb 162015

Takata recall - just received recall - 3-2016. Was in accident 02-2015 involving head-on collision - air bags did not deploy - vehicle was impounded - pd as well as impound lot personnel and autobody shop adjacent all questioned why airbags had not deployed. Vehicle had to be inspected prior to my being able to remove it from pound for safety concerns. Was advised to have dealer check airbags and why no deploy. This was done and dealer advised only sensors are working. No further explanation. I have continued to drive vehicle. Then received this recall notice R25 / NHTSA 15V-313 and started do some research. I should have been notified months ago on this recall and does this defect have any effect of bags not deploying when they should? at time of collision I was traveling on city street and was rear-ended, side-swiped multiple times with eventual head-on collision - winter storm conditions / the vehicle that struck me after first impact slid uphill coming down and hitting side of car several times in a bounce off manner before head-on collision (head-on happened -before I even realized I had been struck in rear or side)- state farm claim 065V22149 - no one listened to my concerns and those expressed by pd officers and lot employees (who are daily exposed to this) about why airbags did not deploy. Also very delinquent in notification of recall.

- Aurora, CO, USA

Sep 012009

Every time I fill up my gas tank the gas pump shuts off normally but when I remove the gas nozzle from my tank a huge amount of gas comes spewing out and sprays the side of my truck as well as the gas pump. It sometimes sprays out as much as four feet away. This is a major fire hazard as well as safety hazard for me, my passengers and anyone pumping gas in there own cars at the pump across from me. I have been to several different gas stations so as to rule out pump malfuctions and it happens every time at every gas station I visit

- Kingwood, TX, USA

Jan 042008

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler Aspen. The contact stated that while parked on a slight incline, the vehicle rolled down the hill as she was entered the vehicle. The dealer was unable to diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was unable to provide any assistance. As of May 23, 2008, the dealer had not repaired the vehicle. The failure mileage and current mileages were 19,000.

- Knoxville, OH, USA