2008 Chrysler Aspen brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chrysler Aspen:

2008 Chrysler Aspen Owner Comments

Nov 172016

Aspen

After filling the fuel tank, the motor shuts off while driving down the road. It used to only happen when you go past the first "click" of the gas pump. Today it did it by just filling the tank to first shut off. This leaves you with no steering, no brakes and no power while going down the road. This is dangerous on several levels. This happened while the vehicle was moving down a four lane road in moderate traffic with five passengers-two infants, two children and one adult.

- Martinez, GA, USA

May 212015

Aspen

First I must start out by saying this vehicle has been a nightmare since buying from a dealership who has refused to correct any of the problems in any fashion mainly because they're not a Chrysler dealership. The day after we bought the vehicle the vehicle stalled on us due to a dead battery. Not a big deal, but it was only the beginning to a wide range of problems. While taking the truck for a required state inspection, the truck somehow managed to roll forward from a parked position when reverse had been selected. It was parked on an incline no more than a 10 degree angle and ended up rolling/crashing into the curb. I immediately contacted the dealership to voice my concern/anger and they agreed to look into the problem but to no avail. Not long afterwards we had some heavy rain I believe the following week and we realized the roof was leaking along the passenger side pillar right into the vents. This I believed led to some electrical issues with the radio as my wife said if often "flickered" and "cut in and out". this was also brought to the dealerships attention and again nothing was done; however they did clean the drains which they said caused the leaking. I had also voiced my concerns to Chrysler and was basically told until they have enough documented issues, nothing can be done. Now, my wife and I hadn't filled this truck up to this point as yet, but the first time we did the gas overflowed and gushed out of the vehicle spilling everywhere. I initially thought the pump nozzle was faulty but after the second time at a different gas station I was convinced the problematic vehicle was to blame. I went online and did my own research and here's what I found: www.safetyresearch.net/blog/articles/fuel-spit-back-continues-plague-Chrysler-vehicles-owners-hook. my wife and kids travel in this vehicle and all I want is peace of mind to know they're safe in it. Updated 9/15/15

- Bel Air, MD, USA