2008 Chrysler Aspen engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chrysler Aspen:

2008 Chrysler Aspen Owner Comments

Jul 022010

Driver airbag ligth is always on beeping doors interior after 1yr the tops come off plastic interior trim come off after 1yr

- Wartrace, TN, USA

Feb 222016

The contact owns a 2008 Chrysler Aspen. While driving approximately 25 mph, the engine warning indicator illuminated and there was a complete loss of power steering. The vehicle was maneuvered to the side of the road and the engine was turned off. After restarting, the vehicle resumed normal steering function. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing. The mechanic was unable to duplicate the failure. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 150,000.

- Annandale, NJ, USA

Apr 062015

The contact owns a 2008 Chrysler Aspen. While driving at various speeds, the contact noticed strong fuel fumes emitting from the vehicle. In addition, the contact stated that the engine warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer who diagnosed that the fuel tank needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The contact stated that the check engine warning light had previously illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer who diagnosed that the detector, valve lin and the seal vapor needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 117,000.

- Newnan, GA, USA

Feb 102011

Aspen 4WD 8-cyl

2008 Chrysler Aspen. Consumer writes in regards to vehicle fuel system problems. The consumer stated on February 10, 2011 the vehicle caught on fire and exploded without warning. At the time of the fire, her daughter was waiting in the truck and noticed smoke coming from the front of the vehicle, but assumed it was coming from the exhaust. Then she started to smell something, so she exited the vehicle and saw flames coming from under the vehicle. The consumer stated there was no indication that something was wrong. According to the police and fire report, the fire was attributed to flammable liquid, gas from the engine or burned. The consumer did some research and came across several complaints relating to the fuel system.

- Union, NJ, USA

Jul 242015

Aspen 4WD 8-cyl

The lift gate in the back that is commonly known as the trunk; the power immediately shut the door on my head and the impact did not cause the truck to go back up, I had to get from under the life gate I bumped my head in several places and was nauseated all day on Sunday with a headache I did not go to the doctor, I have moved 1000 miles away from home and felt I could not drive myself to the hospital. If it were my grand child it would be fatal but I have moved to Georgia. There are several issues with the truck including the engine light never goes off and I have had multiple repairs on the truck. I am an educated person, the treasurer for fulton county schools, I am worried that this truck is experiencing problems. I would like to be paid for this truck hitting me in my head, $ 8000 immediately and the repairs freely fixed....updated 09/22/15 the consumer stated the vehicle had an emission leak. Updated 01/15/16.

- Mableton, GA, USA

Sep 272014

When driving, my check engine light randomly comes on. When I get gas it goes off for awhile and then will pop back on. Also more recently when driving my blinker light and sound did not appear when turning my blinker on, as well as my radio has ceased up it won't allow me to change the station or do anything with it. It is a touch screen radio.

- Jerseyville, IL, USA