1998 Chrysler Cirrus drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Chrysler Cirrus:

1998 Chrysler Cirrus Owner Comments

Feb 132014

I bought my car in Feb 2014 used with a little under 70,000 miles. Overall the vehicle was in excellent condition with a few minor paint issues. Within the 1st week of buying it I noticed the check engine light would come on and act like it would stall, or would actually stall all together once coming to a complete stop. The scariest is when you are driving on a highway & the car looses all power! I have learned is if I throw it into neutral then the power will come back up & I don't have to come to a complete stop most of the times. I have taken it to my mechanic who I have used for over 10 yrs & he still has not been able to find the cause, he said the check engine light code is coming back as the park/neutral switch (which would be the transmission and costly and could not guarantee this would fix the problem). Last week my car died & I had to have it towed since it would not start. Ended up being the fuel pump, but when they put the new fuel pump, the PCM shorted it out so that ended up being replaced as well as the crank shaft sensor. He thought this would have fixed the problem but sadly it is still happening :( this is very frustrating to see that so many people have the same issue and yet Chrysler is still not issuing a recall for this. When someone like me has a kid(s), it makes it very scary every time you get in to drive not knowing what will happen. As a single parent, I can not keep putting in thousands of dollars for a problem that should have already been identified and recalled and fixed. I have had the car for almost a year and still wont drive outside of orlando for the fear of breaking down too far from home. Please find what is causing this and recall so I can stop throwing money away on senseless fixes!!

- Orlando, FL, USA

Jun 252012

Cirrus 6-cyl

My car will stall out in low or idol. It would just shut off. While driving and switching gears it will sound like its missing. I took it to get it smog. They said that the computer in the car was resetting every time I start the car. They also said that it was doing the same problem as the Chrysler Cirrus 1996 was doing.

- Shafter, CA, USA