1. engine replacement (15 reports)
  3. junk car (2 reports)
  4. waiting (1 reports)
  5. water pump leaking (1 reports)
2000 Chrysler Concorde engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Chrysler Concorde:

2000 Chrysler Concorde Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jun 082007

Concorde 2.7L

Apparently Chrysler has had a lot of problems with engine sludge. My timing chain broke & blew my engine and I wasn't even driving the car when it happened. The Chrysler manual says to replace the timing chain at 100,000 miles. This happened at 92,000 miles. I have heard that the problem has been resolved 2 years ago, but there was never a recall on this. Now I have to pay thousands of dollars that I don't have to fix something that Chrysler should have recalled years ago. CHRYSLER SUCKS! I will never buy another Chrysler product in my life.

- , Macomb, MI, USA

Mar 192007

Concorde GL 2.7L

Driving down the road and the engine seized up without warning. Had to get the car towed and repairs are major.

- , Mineral Ridge, OH, USA

Jan 252007

Concorde LX 2.7L

Oil light flickers, car dies. blinding snow storm, main artery to the City of Buffalo, Oil turned to sludge, common problem from research I've done, Chrysler accepts no responsibility. Other sites I've been on revealed far more than three complaints about this problem Someone should gather all of the complaints and dump them in Chrysler's lap. I cannot justify paying $6600 to fix a 2000 Vehicle but am also not in a position at this point to but a new car. If I'm forced to though... it sure will not EVER be another Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep.

- , Angola, NY, USA

Dec 102006

Concorde 2.7L V6

Oil Light came on while on the Interstate, engine locked up. Oil sludge buildup ruined the engine.

- , Pensacola, FL, USA

Dec 302005

Concorde Champagne

made very loud noise, won't start-up at all found out engine lock-up thought it was the battery at first

- , baltimore, MD, USA