2004 Chrysler Crossfire transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chrysler Crossfire:

2004 Chrysler Crossfire Owner Comments

Aug 152014

Crossfire 3.2L V6

I purchased a 2004 Chrysler Crossfire and it pops out of first gear. Took it to the Chrysler dealership and they kept the car for two weeks. They ordered a synchronos kit and installed it. I got the car back and it continuous to pop out of first gear. The mechanic supposedly drove the car after the repair, but it popped out of first gear twice as I went home. It stopped for a couple of weeks but started popping out again. I took it back to the dealership and that particular day it did not pop out of first gear.

The dealership does not know why it continues to do this and recommended that I try to see if there is a pattern for when it pops out of gear. The cost was $1300 that was covered under my car extended warranty. I emailed the Chrysler associate with information I found on a Chrysler forum but I have not received a response. I will write a letter to the dealership manager and CC Chrysler on a resolution to this problem.

- , Kansas City, MO, USA