Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The Chrysler Crossfire has a nasty habit of having the back window fall out. While there are reports of this happening to every model year (2004-08), the 2005 has it worst. Naturally this problem tends to happen beyond the standard 3 year / 36,000 mile warranty leaving owners to pick up the tab along with the shattered pieces of glass.

2005 Chrysler Crossfire body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chrysler Crossfire:

2005 Chrysler Crossfire Owner Comments (Page 1 of 4)

Jul 162016

While driving on the highway, I heard a rattling noise. As I looked around the cars cabin to find the source of the noise, I saw that my back glass panel has a gap in in it. I continued to drive, the rattling worsened and the glass panel was beginning to come undone. When I got to my destination the glass panel is barely holding on.

- St. Louis, MO, USA

Mar 152015

The back window in the convertible top is unattached and if driven, it could fly out and hurt someone harm or even to another car.

- Cottontown, TN, USA

Apr 112016

Back window fell out while at highway speeds. The only thing that kept it from coming completely loose was the rear window defrost wires.

- North Charleston, SC, USA

Mar 142016

In 2011, the rear window in my convertible top became unglued from the top. Chrysler paid most of the cost to replace it, but used another defective top as a replacement. As a result, the window is again falling out. Chrysler now refuses to even discuss the possibility of any further assistance. This problem with the defective glue is well documented and needs to be addressed as windows flying out of moving vehicles could be extremely dangerous.

- Naples, FL, USA

Jul 232015

I came outside to find that the rear window of the convertible top had come loose and was laying on the rear deck being held to the fabric in 1 small place. The car had been parked outside for 1 day. Luckily it didn't fall out while I was driving, potentially shattering the glass near my head. Until the car is repaired it is unusable in foul weather due to water running in the passenger compartment.

- Herndon, VA, USA

Mar 232015

On my way to work having just passed several cars, traveling @70+ miles/hr. On the interstate, I noticed wobbling & the loss of control & immediately moved to the right lane & steered towards the right shoulder of the highway, thanking god for no accident. I put the gear in~park~turned the ignition switch off & checked the exterior to notice my newly purchased rear passenger tire was prematurely blown(recently purchased tires). I called a tow truck(2nd time this March month because it wouldn't crank in my driveway): Upon their interstate arrival, I learned that the electronic control system/engine had shutdown with an 'inability to put the car in neutral gear or any gear in order for them to tow it. This is the 3rd time the engine has locked like this. The car has been in the shop for 8(eight) months now since March 23, 2015 & the Chrysler mechanics are in 'awe' as it seems to be irrepairable. I have been without transportation since March, 2015. Chrysler company, please help me with this dangerous problem: I & others could have been killed on the interstate & I have been towed three times because the electronic stability shutdown, but this has been the longest & worst. In the past, I have had the hood-ceiling, ignition switch replaced & before this, I was about to have the silver outside window borders replaced. There has to be a recall on this electronic system just shutting down while I am in the midst of driving as this being the 3rd time shutting down & I do have a new battery, therefore that is not the problem. Help! help! help! [note: Crossfire in shop 8+ months/ I am without my car! please let me hear from you concerning this serious & dangerous matter! it is the mercy of god that there was no accident during the rush/work morning traffic on the interstate, Monday, March 23, 2015. Help! please!

- Lumberton, NC, USA

Jul 112014

I purchased this car this year from a Chrysler executive who has owned it for years. She told me that while driving it the rear glass window fell out. This was her daily driver so she had it re glued as fast as she could so she would have a car to get to work.she did not know of the tsb on this. Tsb-23=035-11 called X-31/adhesion. I bought the car this year and the window is loose on the edges and I am afraid it will fall out and cause an accident. I took it to a dealer and they do not know what to do. They said because it was already fixed it would probably not be covered. Is this true? I bought this car to be a daily driver, not a sunny day driver.

- Alpena, MI, USA

Sep 022015

Rear window coming falling out

- Douglasville, GA, USA

Aug 152014

Called Chrysler corporation about rear window separating from top. They said it would be replaced but I would have to go to a dealer for pictures and inspection. They suggested manahawkin Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram rt 72 manahawkin, NJ 08050 609-597-1097. My car was inspected and pictures were takened by dealer on 8/15/14 as per Chrysler request. Invoice number chcs113759. I have a paper from dealer stating window is separating from top and will notify Chrysler with results. I received a call from Chrysler Corp. Stating mine is not covered because it was not delivered in specified states. I could not understand the logic that certain states would be covered and others not when they were all made in the same locations. They problem exist on all the convertibles. I do travel and if I went by their concept to only cover states that have high temperatures what do I do when I travel to those states with the car? I ask for your help in this since this is a car manufacturers defect. It doesn't matter where you live the car has the problem in all states. Thank you very much for your assistance.

- Toms River, NJ, USA

Jul 272015

My back window on my soft top was plugged out while am driving on motorway and I was able to hear the window coming out of the material its really dangerous how did they desinged it to be hangging like that

- Palm Coast, FL, USA

Mar 112015

The back window became unglued from the top.the car cannot be driven because it can fly out and hurt someone. I saw there is a recall on certain VIN numbers.

- Cottontown, TN, USA

Jul 172015

Rear glass has separated from convertible top for no apparent reason.

- North Providence, RI, USA

Jul 042015

The rear window separated from the convertible top while I had the car parked outdoors. I found the car with the rear window area open and the glass lying on the interior of the backlight area. The glass remained connected to the top by about 1/3 of the original glue. The remainder had come apart from the glue leaving the glass mostly detached.

- Washington, DC, USA

Jun 302015

2 weeks ago when I went to drive my car I noticed that the rear window separated from the roof. I proceeded to departed over the next day. I tried to reattach with an adhesive but it is falling. I found on line that the company had an extended warranty for this problem, I did contact Chrysler but the company stated that my VIN did not match the covered vehicles. Online I found that this continues to be an issue with other uncovered cars

- Hanover, PA, USA

Sep 092014

Rear window of 2005 Chrysler Crossfire convertible fell out of top. Garage kept vehicle with 22,000 miles.

- Saint Leo, FL, USA

Jul 042012

I am one of those affected by the rear window falling out of the Chrysler crossfire. At first they offered to get me a new top for $700. Goodwill they said. I told them I couldn't afford it. They wound up rescinding the offer and refused to help me at all. I try to reglue the window but it falls out again. I am in NJ which is not one of the states they were helping people in. Please have Chrysler recall all crossfires for this known problem. Thanks.

- Old Bridge , NJ, USA

Feb 032015

Crossfire 6-cyl

I was driving approximately 55 mph and the rear convertible window detached from the top. It appears that the adhesive no longer holds the window to the convertible top. This is a safety hazard that should be fixed by Chrysler but it is not covered.

- Miramar Beach, FL, USA

Aug 042014

Crossfire 6-cyl

I purchased this vehicle and not long after, the rear window of the convertible top came loose. I contacted Chrysler about the issue. I've been verbally told that there was a replacement note that affected Chrysler crossfires for 9 states. The vehicle had to be originally sold in one of these 9 states. I can't remember the 9 specifically vehicle was originally sold in Kansas (which is not part of the 9 states replacement clause), I live in mo which is covered by the replacement clause. The lady that I spoke to said that it was a humidity issue that would cause the window to unglue.... so, I argued that my vehicle is now registered in a state that they claimed has the level of humidity that would cause the known issue, but, she stayed firm on the fact that my vehicle was originally sold in Kansas and that state is not part of the replacement deal../ what are my right as a consumer? I have water getting in my trunk which caused multiple electrical issues. And now, I'm stuck with the bill or keeping the vehicle as is. Thank you Chrysler.

- Cleveland, MO, USA

Sep 032014

Crossfire 6-cyl

Rear window fell out completely in the middle of a thunderstorm with my wife driving. The window happened to fall inside the vehicle but it could have caused an accident if it had fallen outside the car. She was lucky that the window did not fall on her and we only got wet.

- Moncure, NC, USA

Aug 222014

Literally the day after the return period on our 2005 Crossfire convertible was up, we found out that this car has a major defect where the back window falls out due to failure of the adhesive. This issue is widespread and is a real safety hazard. Apparently the entire top typically needs to be replaced if this happens, not just a re-glue job. The car has less than 17,000 miles and I've driven it probably less than 50 miles since buying, yet now I am faced with a big repair bill to make the car safe. Chrysler should cover this top in* case where it occurs (not just in the few southern states they have deemed applicable for coverage). I am in va, and that's where the car was originally delivered. Anybody who says va doesn't have high heat and humidity is crazy. We are just 75 miles from nc, a covered state. This is terribly unfair and I feel like a schmuck. Chrysler should be forced to recall all of these tops, not pick and choose! how can a window falling out of the car not be considered a major violation by Chrysler" can the ntsb do anything to help"

- Richmond, VA, USA