Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The Chrysler Crossfire has a nasty habit of having the back window fall out. While there are reports of this happening to every model year (2004-08), the 2005 has it worst. Naturally this problem tends to happen beyond the standard 3 year / 36,000 mile warranty leaving owners to pick up the tab along with the shattered pieces of glass.

2005 Chrysler Crossfire seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chrysler Crossfire:

2005 Chrysler Crossfire Owner Comments

Dec 042014

Crossfire 6-cyl

Parking the car I must have hit the gas instead of the brake, the car drove over two curves, made a turn, and in my panic I hit the gas even harder thinking it was the brake. I ended because I hit a tree that stopped the car. The airbag did not explode. The car was totaled and I still have health issues with my head.

- Hernando, FL, USA

Aug 152009

I had an accident recently hitting a tree avoiding a child running into my street. I have injured myself hitting the steering wheel hard. I think my nose was broken and a week later is still bothering me, 2 black eyes. Here is the issue: I bought this 2005 Chrysler crossfire ltd roadster online from mac haik cdj in austin and took physical delivery at their mac haik Chevrolet here in houston. My injury is due to the fact that my airbag did not deploy and my seatbelt did not lock. At this speed, @ 20 mph, the belt would have secured me from injury. Where is the liability here for this" is it legal for a franchise dealer to sell a vehicle without a functioning airbag and seatbelt" please advise.

- Houston, TX, USA