2.8

2006 Chrysler Crossfire miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chrysler Crossfire:

2006 Chrysler Crossfire Owner Comments

Jun 122016

Crossfire

I own a 2006 Chrysler Crossfire. My back window is falling out and it seems that Chrysler does not want to take ownership of the faulty adhesive and faulty workmanship of the convertible top. I cannot drive my car because the glass will come out and result in hitting another vehicle, pedestrian or other object. This problem has left thousands of Crossfire owners in a bad situation. Chrysler did issue a recall on the 2005's under tsb 23-035-11reva but not for any other model years. State farm insurance informed me the same top/manufacturer/adhesive is used on all Crossfire model years therefore it is not covered under an insurance claim. I've driven my car 3 times since noticing the window and the problem continues to get worse; becoming more and more of a safety issue. I want to know when Chrysler will be held responsible for the replacement of all of the faulty equipment they marketed and sold to trusting consumer. I am asking the NHTSA to force the recall on all Crossfire convertible tops, no matter what year they were manufactured or where they shipped. Faulty equipment is faulty equipment and the problem needs to rectified by the manufacturer. I am asking for the help from the NHTSA - there are many complaints - this is obviously not an isolated case. Until then, my car is not able to be driven.

- Kingsville, MO, USA

May 312016

Crossfire

Window glass is separating from the fabric convertible top. I noted this last month with the car sitting at my house. This car is always garaged and has only around 73K miles, one owner. I have been told the rear window is heat sealed to the cover. Only the top portion remains sealed, the sides and bottom have separated. I have been working with a Chrysler case worker for a month trying to get the company to repair or replace the top but only get emails about once a week requesting the same information I have already provided. I have been told my local Chrysler dealership is no longer a "qualified dealership" with no further explanation. I have asked for a personal phone call but to no avail at this point. This is a definite safety hazard and I want the company to step up and fix it.

- Lexington, NC, USA

Sep 202015

Crossfire

The rear window of the convertible top is falling out. This is a very common problem with this vehicle. My vehicle was built in October 2005, but is considered a 2006 model. Chrysler tsb 23-035-11 rev a covers the problem for 2005 models. This common problem effects more than 2005 vehicles. On 9-11-2015 Chrysler was contacted (case # 27856344). They denied responsibility. Claimed (1) tsa only applied to vehicles in southern states (I provided them with a repair order from westbury Chrysler in westbury, New York that applied the tsb & provided no charge replacement top. New York is not a southern state); (2) tsa only applied to 2005 vehicles (I provided them information where tsb had been applied to a 2008 vehicle). This vehicle is garaged most days and has only 34,590 miles. This safety problem is due to a manufacturing problem that manufacture is trying to avoid. Vehicle is in St. Louis,

- Saint Louis, MO, USA

Sep 202015

- St. Louis, MO, USA

Aug 012015

Crossfire

Rear glass window adhesive failed and wndow is falling out. Glass window on convertable roof is separating from vinal. The window will eventially fall out completely causing unsafe conditions. Called Chrysler and was told no warranty or recall and that whole convertable top would need to be replaced for approx $2000. The car is always in a garage and has very few miles. This is obviously a poor design. Window could fall out and cause severe damage or accident.

- Cornelius , NC, USA

Jun 172015

Crossfire

Rear glass window falling out of 2006 Chrysler crossfire convertable. The corners of the rear window started to separate from the roof material. After putting the top down and putting it back up, most of the top and corners of the rear window were loose from the roof fabric, I called the Chrysler dealership to find out how it could be repaired. They told me that a new convertible top would be needed. It could not be repaired. Chrysler dealer quoted $1,650 for the top and $1,000 for labor

- Gulf Shores, AL, USA

Apr 272015

Crossfire

Glass window adhesive failing. Glass window is separating from cloth roof. This is a common occurrence in all Crossfires. Two areas where the glue/adhesive is failing and causing unsafe conditions. Called Chrysler and was told no warranty or recall. Window could fall out and cause severe damage or accident.

- Fountain Valley, CA, USA