2008 Chrysler Crossfire miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chrysler Crossfire:

2008 Chrysler Crossfire Owner Comments

Aug 082013

Backing out of a parking space, I saw a sudden movement through the rear view mirror. I heard a thump. I slammed the brake and got out thinking I'd hit a child or maybe a dog. Much to my relief, there wasn't anyone or anything behind my car. I got back into my car and let my heart rate slow down and began to back out again. It was almost dark. I waited for a car to pass. Lit by their headlights I noticed that the view out of the window seemed different. I couldn't see the lines of the wires in the rear window defroster. I turned and saw that the rear window had fallen out and was laying down almost flat just behind the safety bars located just behind seats. I pulled forward and discovered that only the bottom of the window was still attached by the adhesive that is supposed to secure the window to the convertible top. I had purchased a 5 year, 100,00 mile extended warranty from Chrysler. I contacted them and was informed that the top was not covered. The reason I purchased the extended warranty was because the salesman stressed the expense of replacing a convertible top. I paid $2,595.18 to the local Chrysler dealer to replace the top at my expense. I was charged $165 for part #5140795aa. That part is a "key", (wrench), used to install or remove the top which was supposed to have been included with the vehicle. It wasn't. I received my "repaired" vehicle on 10/31/13. At 35 mph the top looked like a tent flopping in the wind. It began pouring rain before I got home. The tension straps had been cut to remove the top. The seals around the windows were so misaligned that the pockets on the inside of the doors were drenched with everything in them as well as my wife and me. I took the car back and demanded a loaner vehicle. I received one. I didn't receive my repaired vehicle until after Feb 20, 2014. The top still isn't properly installed.

- Cape Carteret, NC, USA