6.5

2008 Chrysler Crossfire seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chrysler Crossfire:

2008 Chrysler Crossfire Owner Comments

Oct 212016

Crossfire

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Chrysler Crossfire. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags); however, the part for the recall repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Vidor, TX, USA

Sep 012016

Crossfire 6-cyl

2008 Chrysler Crossfire. Consumer writes in regards to lack of communication from dealership on replacement parts to repair driver airbag inflator recall notice.

- La Crescent, MN, USA

Feb 112016

Crossfire

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Chrysler Crossfire. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V081000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Portsmouth, VA, USA

Sep 012016

Crossfire 6-cyl

2008 Chrysler Crossfire. Consumer writes in regards to replacement parts not available to repair driver airbag inflator recall notice.

- Rio Verde, AZ, USA

Apr 012016

Crossfire

The contact owns a 2008 Chrysler Crossfire. The contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V081000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. While driving, the air bag warning light illuminated continuously. The vehicle was not diagnosed nor repaired. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The approximate failure mileage was 60,000. The VIN tool confirms parts not available.

Jun 102016

Crossfire

"takata recall" since receipt of takata airbag recall on 11 April 2016 (from fca), my Crossfire has been parked. Fca customer assistance calls (with limited email contacts) in the 60 days has gotten me nowhere in regards to information about when my car will be fixed. Fca says (3 different 'special handling' csu agents) that I have to speak to them about my issues by phone only (latest 'higher-up' agent emailed me that their 'policy' is they must speak by phone, they will not deal with this by email). Some history, the local dealership was surprised by the recall (11 Apr, 2016). They looked it up, said no information is available, would not issue any loaner (I asked) & said they could not disconnect the defective airbag. According to the NHTSA website, I live in zone 1. fca will not even tell me what zone they are classifying my vehicle in (assigned zone denotes repair priorities). The last email I received from fca csu (today), the agent said my car was safe to drive. Frankly, I do not believe my airbag is safe. I instructed fca 'special handling' agents (twice by email and once by phone), that if they do not answer my specific questions by 10 June (60 days car is parked and not being driven until the recalled airbag is replaced iaw NHTSA requirements) I would go outside fca to address its handling of this recall with my car. My questions are; 1, what zone are they classifying my car in? 2, when will the airbag (parts) be available for my car" 3, where am I in relation to having my car fixed? fca csu agents do not want to answer me on the record. Two agents suggested a 'rental' vehicle but that I had to pay for its insurance. Why should a customer be responsible for any costs associated with this recall" in earlier contacts I even suggested an 04, 05, or 06 model airbag be installed until the 08 part comes in. I want my car safely back on the road!

- Wedgefield, SC, USA

Apr 062016

Crossfire

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Chrysler Crossfire. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V081000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

Feb 112016