9.0

2. replace gear shifter cable (1 reports)
1999 Chrysler LHS transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Chrysler LHS:

1999 Chrysler LHS Owner Comments

Apr 212012

LHS 3.5L V6

When I bought this car last year the shifter was hard to move in and out of drive. I thought it was normal cause of the mileage (149,000). The car drove perfect besides when it was time to shift into drive, reverse, park, or etc. After being rear ended in a fender-bender I noticed it was much harder to shift than before the accident. I was driving people home from a night out and I put this car in over-drive (by accident). I went to park my car and the shifter wouldn't move out of over drive. So I turned my car off and i tried to start it again and it would not turn on. This was probably because of a safety feature that prevents you from turning the car on while its in drive. So I had the car towed home. Not sure what the problem is. My neighbor thinks its transmission linkage and transmission cable. I did hear there was a recall on the transmission linkage but its long been expired. I really like this car, so I hope its not too pricey.

- , Nashua, NH, USA

Nov 132003

LHS

All the sudden one day, the gear shift is really hard to move. The shifter cable is fraying and needs replaced.

- , South Coffeyville, OK, USA