Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: Chrysler has taken the boring small car frame of the Neon, grafted a 1930s-era roadster body on top and named it the PT Cruiser. While the new look may appeal to some, the vehicle has unfortunately also inherited many of the same problems as the Neon.

2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser:

2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser Owner Comments

Nov 152014

PT Cruiser 4 cyl

We could not get the dang car to heat in the winter!!! Finally I unplugged the lead on the AC compressor! We got good and warm. Starting to HATE Chrysler Corp.

Later I took the Pt to Dodge in Spfld., Mo. They kept it a half day charged me $330.00. DID NOT FIX this car! Told me when I brought it back the next Monday it could get real expensive to find the gremlin!!!!!!!!!

Not a happy camper!

Spring comes along and I replug the compressor in and it cools fine!

Chrysler SHOULD fix this for FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is not a normal wear problem!

Still trying to seek help on line on the forums!!! They do NOT help. They DO help with silly small problems. One remarks they hear mail from the administrators but they do not try to make any contact. They can surely tell I am getting fed up with these never ending nor solved problems. Funny thing IS that the other members on their forums are having the SAME problems as me. Both here in the USA and overseas!!!! So this IS a REAL factory problem that they DO know about. If I mention this I think that the administrators SHOULD make contact with me IF I violate their rules (who knows what those are) You just mark the bow to join like everyone else does. If something is too troubling then say something NOT just Blackball you!!!! What good IS a forum if it does not try to really help owners. I have tried everything known here first. Where's the help?

- , Branson, MO, USA