- July 22: Chrysler Recalls Dodge Challengers That May Roll Away recalls | 3 days ago
- July 15: Chrysler Recalls 442,000 Cars and SUVs Over Alternator Failures recalls | 10 days ago
- July 14: Chrysler Recalls 363,000 Dodge Journey SUVs recalls | 11 days ago
- July 3: Ram Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) Lawsuit Filed news | 22 days ago
- June 21: Chrysler Recalls Pacifica Plug-in Hybrid Electric Minivans recalls | 34 days ago
2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser
body / paint Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: Chrysler has taken the boring small car frame of the Neon, grafted a 1930s-era roadster body on top and named it the PT Cruiser. While the new look may appeal to some, the vehicle has unfortunately also inherited many of the same problems as the Neon.
Worst 2001 PT Cruiser body / paint Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- engine cradle rusted out2
- bumper is discolored1
- paint cracking on hood and top1
- water leak at hatch release1
- NHTSA: Structure53
- NHTSA: Structure: Body5
- NHTSA: Structure: Frame And Members: Underbody Shields3
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Door 2
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Hatchback/Liftgate: Hinge And ...1
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Hood1
- NHTSA: Structure: Frame And Members1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chrysler PT Cruiser Model Years
Curious how the 2001 PT Cruiser compares to other years?
Check out our Chrysler PT Cruiser overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the PT Cruiser.