Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: Chrysler has taken the boring small car frame of the Neon, grafted a 1930s-era roadster body on top and named it the PT Cruiser. While the new look may appeal to some, the vehicle has unfortunately also inherited many of the same problems as the Neon.

1. new engine (1 reports)
2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser:

2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser Owner Comments

Sep 132008

PT Cruiser

I have a 2001 PT Cruiser and in 2007 my driver side visor broke. Suddenly, I had a electrical shortage, resulting in my locks and stereo not working. Shortly later, I was driving on the freeway and my car engine began making a noise. I had it towed into the dealership-where I purchased my new car. They claimed the VISOR was shorting out my engine!???! They would have to solve the problem by disconnecting my visor, and there they had it, and I could pick it up! I started taking the bus back to the dealership, when they called and said my 64K engine had froze up and that I could pay them $7.5K. By the way, I purchased a 100K mile warranty at the time of purchase. I kept all my oil changes and tune ups diligently up to date from the moment I drove my new car off the lot. The customer service manager said he could give me a new engine if I establish a case# with Chrysler/ bring my maintenance records to him. I called + wrote Chrysler numerous times, but to no avail. The customer service manager was no longer interested in seeing my maintenance records-however wanted to assist me in 'shopping' for another (new) car. I have wrote the Attorney General, BBB of Detroit, Chrysler Inc. No one would ever help me or assist me, I was willing to supply all my records. This was my dream car, all the money i had went into it... just to by this car. This dealership has since CLOSED, and the oil change place has across the street where I maintained my car had CLOSED as well. I cannot afford a NEW ENGINE, so i have been without a car for years now with a resolution!!

- , Sunnyvale, CA, USA