- April 10: Chrysler Recalls FIAT 500e Cars That Can Suddenly Shut Down
- April 9: Government No Help to 1.8 Million Chrysler and Dodge Minivan Owners
- April 2: Family of Remington Walden Awarded $150 Million in Jeep Fire Lawsuit
- March 11: Chrysler Alternator Lawsuit Says Owners Tired of Problems
- March 6: Chrysler Recalls 700,000 Minivans and SUVs To Replace Ignition Switches
2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser
CarComplaints.com Notes: Chrysler has taken the boring small car frame of the Neon, grafted a 1930s-era roadster body on top and named it the PT Cruiser. While the new look may appeal to some, the vehicle has unfortunately also inherited many of the same problems as the Neon.
Worst 2001 PT Cruiser transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- shifter cable failure7
- unable to shift out of low, stuck in gear3
- transmission failure2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission17
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Control ...7
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission7
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Cooling ...2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Gear Position ...1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Park/Neutral ...1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission: Floor Shift ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chrysler PT Cruiser Model Years
Curious how the 2001 PT Cruiser compares to other years?
Check out our Chrysler PT Cruiser overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the PT Cruiser.