- August 21: Recall: Jeep Renegade Trailer Hitches That May Detach recalls | 2 days ago
- August 17: Woman Sues Over Jeep Grand Cherokee Gear Shift Design news | 6 days ago
- August 14: Fiat Chrysler Recalls RAM Trucks With Transfer Case Problems recalls | 9 days ago
- August 7: What Can Happen While Waiting For Takata Airbag Repairs? news | 16 days ago
- August 6: Hackers Take Control of a 2014 Jeep Cherokee, Again news | 17 days ago
2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser
CarComplaints.com Notes: Chrysler has taken the boring small car frame of the Neon, grafted a 1930s-era roadster body on top and named it the PT Cruiser. While the new look may appeal to some, the vehicle has unfortunately also inherited many of the same problems as the Neon.
Worst 2001 PT Cruiser transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- shifter cable failure8
- transmission failure3
- unable to shift out of low, stuck in gear3
- failure to accelerate1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission18
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Control ...7
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission7
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Cooling ...2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Gear Position ...1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Park/Neutral ...1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission: Floor Shift ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chrysler PT Cruiser Model Years
Curious how the 2001 PT Cruiser compares to other years?
Check out our Chrysler PT Cruiser overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the PT Cruiser.