2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser:

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Owner Comments

Nov 132006

PT Cruiser 4-cyl

I own a 2002 PT CRUISER and have always taken good care of it, by having it always serviced at the dealers and nowhere else. I love this car but just recently I have started have some problems with it. First my A/C started to sometimes blow hot air instead of cold and that stopped and then it seems like when I come to a stop with the A/C on it acts like it is going to stall. Now the transmission started making a noise when I go from reverse to drive. So I took it to a dealer to get it fixed and they are telling me I need a new transmission and it will cost me about $3200. My car has 45,000 miles on it. I would think that if it has always been serviced by a Chrysler dealer that this should have been preventable" can anyone help" thanks for your consideration.

- Norwalk, CA, USA

Jun 222004

PT Cruiser 4-cyl

The consumer stated that since the vehicle was purchased, the brakes were defective and performed poorly when applied. The consumer suspects that the dealership did not work on the brakes at all. There was a screeching noise and the brakes would sometimes go almost to the bottom of the floor. The driver's seat belt did not always lock, the brakes would rub and hesitate to stop, the A/C did not get cold on high settings, the entire dashboard electronic system was off, the fuel, mph and the RPM lights had come on, at the inside top of all four doors, the lining was buldging in and out, the driver's side seat belt needed several attempts before locking, the right signal had to be manually stopped, and the left signal light did not hold. There was also an issue with the odometer reading. (the consumer felt that it did not display the proper mileage)

- Vicksburg, MS, USA

Jun 252003

PT Cruiser 4-cyl

I was driving down the street and smoke started coming out of my air conditioner vents. I pulled over and opened my hood. The smoke was coming from the vent right below the passenger side of windshield in the engine compartment. I called 911 and the car burnt before the fire dept could get there. They were a block away. Chrysler chose to do nothing.

- Hemet, CA, USA

Jul 012002

PT Cruiser

When air conditioner is used a bad odor is noticed, dealer can not find a problem.

- Eugene, OR, USA