4.2

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser:

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Owner Comments

May 122005

PT Cruiser 4-cyl

Came out to car after work to go home. The car wouldn't start, the ignition would turn on, but the engine wouldn't turn over. I turned the ignition on-off-on to get any trouble codes and when I took the key out afterwards the "key in ignition chime" sounded when I opened the door after I had already removed the key. I put the key back in the ignition and tried to start the car again, but the ignition wouldn't even turn on, there was no discernble click as I turned the key in the ignition at all. I had the car towed to the dealership and they told me I need to have the entire steering column replaced and that it wasn't covered under the daimler Chrysler service contract I had purchased when I got the car new.

- Hillsboro, OR, USA

Apr 022005

PT Cruiser 4-cyl

My ignition would not turn after putting in the key. It was as if the solenoid was frozen.

- Fairburn, GA, USA