2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser:

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Owner Comments

Feb 192014

PT Cruiser 4-cyl

A guy pulled out in front of me and to avoid hitting him I slammed on my brakes. My seatbelt never locked so I was thrown forward almost to the steering wheel then slammed backwards into my seat. Now I have whiplash and a bone out of place in my neck up near my skull. I have an emergency room bill for severe headache and am having to pay a chiropractor to try to get it back in place to stop the headaches, if she can't with where it is I may need a surgery I can't afford since insurance won't pay for avoided accidents. If the seat belt had locked I would never have had my whole body thrown forward then backward and could have possibly avoided such a severe neck and back injury.

- Aurora, MO, USA

Sep 162013

PT Cruiser

The contact owns a 2002 Chrysler PT CRUISER. The contact stated that the front driver's side seat belt failed to retract. As a result, the seat belt not secured warning light would illuminate continuously, as the driver was unable to fasten the seat belt. The vehicle was not taken to a dealer. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure and current mileage was 150,000.

- Newnan, GA, USA

May 252009

PT Cruiser

The driver's side seat belt locked into position & would not protract. Have tried numerous times to get it to do so but have been unable.

- Seatac, WA, USA