6.5

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser:

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Owner Comments

Sep 152004

PT Cruiser

Complaint sent via E-mail." I first started having a serious problems with my car power steering. While driving, smoke started coming out of the hood, and I thought the engine was on fire. I then called daimler Chrysler and told them, and they just said that they would make a report. But I heard nothing from them at all. However, I took my car to Chrysler dealership and they temporarily fixed it, but a month later the steering wheel started making a whining sound when turning. I took my car back to the dealer, and they said that they put a new power steering to fix it. Three weeks later Oct 8th 2004, I started hearing the loud whining noise again and the steering wheel was hard to turn. I am concerned that my car will caught on fire and that I or my passengers will be seriously injured.

- Honolulu, HI, USA