- March 11: Chrysler Alternator Lawsuit Says Owners Tired of Problems
- March 6: Chrysler Recalls 700,000 Minivans and SUVs To Replace Ignition Switches
- February 28: Fiat Chrysler Recalls 467,000 SUVs To Fix Engine Stall
- February 26: Over 25,000 Chrysler 200 Cars Might Need Transmissions Replaced
- January 31: Over 2.1 Million Cars with Defective Airbags Recalled Again
2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Worst 2002 PT Cruiser transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- failed torque converter, transmission pump3
- jerks at highway speeds1
- loud growling sound from transmission1
- planetary catostophic failure going 70 mph1
- reverse went out1
- shift cable bushings worn out1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission22
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Control ...2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Cooling ...1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Gear Position ...1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Lever And ...1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chrysler PT Cruiser Model Years
Curious how the 2002 PT Cruiser compares to other years?
Check out our Chrysler PT Cruiser overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the PT Cruiser.