1. replace wheel bearings in steering knuckle (3 reports)
2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser:

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Owner Comments

Jul 182011

PT Cruiser LS 2.2L

second time I had to replace a wheel bearing in the span of a month

- , Richmond, VA, USA

Aug 222010

PT Cruiser 4 cyl

I had a severe noise in the front of my pt cruiser the man at carx said my wheel bearings needed to be replaced so thats what i did but i still have the noise and it really is annoying but i have to drive it to work as it is the only car i have and right now i don't have the money to fix it right now.

- , Cincinnati, OH, USA

Jan 312008

PT Cruiser TE 2.4L 4 cyl

click to see larger images

wheel bearings wore out wheel bearings wore out wheel bearings wore out

Front wheel bearings started making noise at about 30,000 miles. When I got the parts to replace the bearings, they were too large. They stuck out about a quarter of an inch past the old ones on the steering knuckle. The original parts had been discontinued, and were no longer made. About 3 months after replacing them, I took another look, due to odd sounds coming from my wheels, the bearings were pressing themselves out of the knuckle. I had to replace them again. I did the work myself, which saved me somewhere around $300-$500 in maintenance. Parts were about $150.

- , Jacksonville, FL, USA