6.0

2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser:

2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser Owner Comments

Jul 012013

PT Cruiser

The brakes on the car make the most awful squealing noise you have ever heard. I have taken it to the mechanic and they say the brakes look brand new and that this is a common problem with both the PT Cruiser and the Dodge Neon. They cleaned them and the noise went away for about 3 days, but now it is back and worse than ever. If you feel like breaking eardrums of those around you when drive then this is the car for you.

- , Dublin, OH, USA

Oct 022006

PT Cruiser V6

I think that they need to do something about the brakes that they put on these cars. The cars are sharp but the brakes will run you crazy, loud squeak/squeal when you first touch the brakes. But when you ride them for a while then they are o.k. I have taken my car several times to the shop and they say that they don't need changed. I am glad that I have another means of transportation. Because that noise is awful. I will never buy another Dodge. That is on the REAL.

- , Winston Salem, NC, USA