6.0

2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser:

2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser Owner Comments

Jan 062014

PT Cruiser 2.4L 4 cyl

The car only has 60,000 miles. The engine shakes when I am at an idle and in gear with the A/C on. I tried changing sparkplugs and wires, IAC motor, Ignition Coil, Cleaned the throttle body, Timing belt, fuel injection cleaner, new air filter, 3 motors mounts. I went to one mechanic and he wanted $1800 dollars to change the motor mounts and timing belt and he said that might not fix the problem, that cost me over $100.00 to check the car. I took it to another mechanic and he said the motor mounts will probably fix the problem and that did not work and that cost $600. The car drives fine. The A/C blows cold.

Does anyone have any ideas? I can't believe these reputable shops cannot figure it out.

- , Katy, TX, USA