1. replaced lower arm bushings (2 reports)
2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser:

2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser Owner Comments

Dec 152010

PT Cruiser GT 2.4L

The car developed knocking noises when running over potholes and road defects (God knows that this is SOP in Quebec!) The noise increased in strength and it was simply quite annoying.

Took the car to my dealer who said (lets start the tape here; oh yeah, this is normal after 50K km!) Got it fixed by professionals and now I only hear the normal noisy suspension of the car.

I miss Mr. Iacono, he actually considered his customers in the equation.

- , Longueuil, Quebec, Canada

May 142009

PT Cruiser 3.2L

I'm actually not sure as to whether it's the bushings or the ball joint. The left front wheel shakes when driving down the road. It doesn't happen constantly so I know it isn't the wheel itself. To compound the problem, shortly after this started, a fairly large deer ran across the road and into the left fron fender when my wife was driving about 40mph.

- , Oak Grove, KY, USA

Oct 072007

PT Cruiser

I have a 2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser. Base model. I drive 8,000 miles a year close to home. The car has never been wrecked. I took it in for the 27000 mile checkup and it cost me $1800 because the lower arm bushings were shot. After 27000 miles. I did not know about this problem before I bought the car. Evidently it has been a well established problem, although I have never heard of it with this low mileage. And I bought the car brand new. I will never buy another Chrysler again. Every time I take this car in , there is something else wrong. At 30000 miles, the spark plugs needed replacing ($600). I am about to being it in for the 33000 mile checkup and it has started leaking fluid under the car. I'm afraid of what I'll find this next week.

- , Providence, RI, USA