3.0

2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser:

2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser Owner Comments

Feb 192008

PT Cruiser 6-cyl

I just found out that I have to replace both the right and left front hub bearings on my 2003 PT CRUISER. The dealership is charging me $600 to do the job. I have 69K miles on the car and Chrysler says it is normal wear and tear and is not covered under the 7/70K warranty....so I searched the internet and to my surprise I found out I am not the only PT CRUISER owner with this problem....I searched for front hub bearings for a PT CRUISER and found many complaints about the defective bearings....the bearings are supposed to be a sealed bearing and never require maintenance....this is a safety issue and needs to be addressed by Chrysler by issuing a recall and pay to fixed the problem...and repay the customers who had to have the bearings replaced.... the dealership even stated to me that it was a safety hazard and the bearings needed replacement....with only 69K miles on the car and others with fewer miles this should not happen on a new car...myself and my family was not injured by an accident, but I wonder how many people have been injured from this defect"?"....any help would greatly be appreciated....thank you michael G kelly

- Kissimmee, FL, USA

Feb 082008

PT Cruiser 4-cyl

Both front bearings failing in 2003 PT CRUISER...have been getting progressively worse over the past year.

- Bourbonnais, IL, USA

Jan 172008

PT Cruiser 4-cyl

Front wheel bearings failed at 71,000 miles.

- Columbus, OH, USA

Jan 262006

PT Cruiser 4-cyl

: the contact stated a noise was coming from the front end while driving straight. An independent repair shop determined the right front wheel bearing needed to be replaced. Updated 2/28/2006 -

- Terra Ceia, FL, USA