8.0

1. dealer replaced plugs & wires multiple times, still a problem (2 reports)
2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser:

2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser Owner Comments

Apr 012013

PT Cruiser

i DID NOT KNOW WHY THE ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON OR WHY THE CAR RUNS SO ROUGH. i TOOK IT BACK TO THE DEALER AND MODULES WERE REPLACED. THE LIGHT CONTINUES TO COME ON. I MUST PAY FOR IT NOW THAT THE WARRANTY IS OUT. YOU GET RIPPED OFF WHEN THEY DON'T TAKE CARE OF THIS PROBLEM FROM THE BEGINNING.

- , Decatur, GA, USA

Jul 092008

PT Cruiser

the engine light would come on and stay on, had it to the dealership and they replaced wires and whatever the light went out and within 3 days the light was back on again took it back and they told me that it was not hurting anything that if I could just let it stay on that it would most likely go out on its own, which it did and now it comes on and stays on for a few days and then its off and then back on again but I always check my fluids the belts to make sure everything is ok. This is a real pain when your driving and all of a sudden the light comes on you think is there a real problem now better check everything to make sure so you wheel into a garage and have it looked at. pain pain and more pain in the bum

- , Harrow, ONT, Canada

Jun 302007

PT Cruiser Limited 3.2L

car stall or runs rough when idling and running the air conditioner. any suggestions would be appreciated.

- , Moab, Utah, USA

May 162004

PT Cruiser

After owning the car for one month, the car was running real rough. The engine light came on and the car was towed to the dealership. They replaced one spark plug and one spark plug wire. The following weekend, it did the same thing. This time, the dealership changed out all of the wires and plugs (Nov 03, Dec 03). Recently (April 04), it ran real rough again and the engine light came on again. AGAIN, the wires and plugs have been replaced. Do have a lemon on my hands? To me, the car still runs rough at idle and at 45mph. The mechanic said that since the engine is small, the car idles rough. Has anyone else reported this problem?

- , Marlton, NJ, USA