2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser:

2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser Owner Comments

Feb 262007

PT Cruiser 6-cyl

Ladies and gentlemen: This appears to be a recurring new car purchase scam (bogus warranty illegal activity) that is mentioned several times on a Chrysler website discussing hundreds of corporate safety, contract and warranty issues. Yesterday a woman from Chrysler corporate headquarters told me that when you purchase a new car from them and if it is two years old (but brand new never sold to an actual customer) that the warranty begins the day that it is built vs. When it is actually sold. So when I purchased a new car from them April 2005 and the car was built in Dec 2003 they tricked me and changed the paperwork to say that it was a used car, but never owned by anyone other then a Chrysler dealer. Thinking that you have a new car with a 3 year and 36,000 mile warranty when you drive off the lot you are in fact screwed out of 1 & a half years of a car warranty withy new stickers still on the window. See comments below. I could not get in touch with anyone except this woman that had no clue about what she was talking about and ended up faxing a complaint to daimler Chrysler in stuggart, germany vs. Detroit, mi..

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

Jun 012006

PT Cruiser

The knob on the dash that controls the position for circulation of heat or air conditioning for some unknown reason became stuck and would not move to any position to the left. Took to shop and they played with it but is still a little stiff when turning to left. They can't guarantee how long it will last. Also was informed if and when it goes it will be an $800 job. I have extended warranty which doesn't cover this job. So since we were told that we are not going to be able to adjust were we want the heat or air to circulate. Also my sister has the same year pt and said her knob has been stiff like that since see purchased it new. So I was wondering if this is a defect that should be investigated. Also I'm not usually one to complain this is our second pt, and it isn't our dealerships fault they are really great.

- Perryopolis, PA, USA