9.8

2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser:

2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser Owner Comments

Feb 222005

PT Cruiser 4-cyl

Since new, Feb. 2005, my 2005 PT CRUISER shakes and stumbles at idle. At 180 miles, the engine stopped in freeway traffic. I was able to get the car restarted, but it ran extremely rough. The dealer replaced a crankshaft position sensor. The engine hasn't died since, but I still experience rough idle and stumble on acceleration. The dealer tells me they can do no more to correct the problem.

- Portland, OR, USA

Jul 252005

PT Cruiser 4-cyl

I purchased new,2005 PT CRUISER in el paso, tx. Returned car for service at 3 weeks with engine problems- missing, misfire. Dealer said nothing wrong & reset computer. Returned car following week- engine used 1/2 qt oil in one week. Could smell gas while driving car. Dealer said nothing wrong. I spoke with sales manager and tried to return car. They said no, this was normal. They said cars could use oil in first month of usage. They said this would never happen again. I was being transferred to dallas following week, they said no problem, if anything was wrong go to dealer in dallas. Sept- car used 1/2 qt oil again, gas/oil smell getting stronger while driving- effecting my asthma. Returned car to dealer for service- service said oil usage normal for up to one year. Service said that Chrysler would not do anything about issue until car was using 1 qt oil every 500 miles. Service did oil change. Service started oil usage report on car and said to bring car in every 500 miles for check. I drove car 500 miles and checked oil. Service has overfilled oil level and is 1/4 inch over the fill line. Returned to service and they refused to check oil and said that I needed appointment and would need to leave car again. Car to go to service for fourth time on Monday, Oct 10.

- Plano, TX, USA