2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser:

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Owner Comments

Mar 202015

PT Cruiser 4-cyl

I was driving on the freeway when the engine light came on (which it never had before), and within less than a minute the car ceased up, lost power and died. I was able to make it to the side of the freeway as it started puttering before ceasing completely. This incident has happened at least four more times since original date. I had the motor tested at the auto body shop and the said the cam sensor needs checked but the engine is burning my oil up and since this happened and has had to have oil put in 3 times since then in order to make it run when it stops. Just last month I spent over $500 replacing the radiator and power steering lines which I was informed was part of a recall on this vehicle but was not covered since it didn't apply to my VIN #. I am scared because I have children I drive with and because I cannot afford to keep repairing this vehicle, which is my only means of transportation. The vehicle was paid for in cash in full and has no recourse from the dealer or so I was told.

- Wisconsin Dells , WI, USA