2.3

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser:

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Owner Comments

Sep 082015

PT Cruiser

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler PT CRUISER. The contact stated that while driving at 60 mph, several unknown warning lights illuminated and the vehicle stalled. The vehicle was able to restart. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the failure was unable to be duplicated. The VIN was not available. The manufacturer was notified O the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 50,000.

- Glendale, AZ, USA

Jun 102015

PT Cruiser 4-cyl

Totally integrated power module (tipm) is not turning on the low speed fan resulting in overheating of A/C coolant which in turn increases pressure in A/C system and total evacuation of system coolant, a real environmental problem. The increase in operating temperature also increases load on engine cooling system and threatens total engine failure. MA 10/2 the consumer stated the vehicle had not been repaired because it was too expensive. Updated 12/28/2015

- Medford, WI, USA

Dec 082014

PT Cruiser 4-cyl

I drive a 2007 T cruiser and have on and off again issues with my center dashboard lights coming on and gauges going up and down. Engine almost stalls in heavy traffic. This has happened several times and the mechanics cannot find any issues with wiring, grounding, battery, alternator, switches, etc. Happens at any time. Will be fine for a short period of time and then it will start to do it again. This takes place sitting still and in heavy traffic. Chrysler better take note and figure this out or they will have a huge lawsuit like what is going on with GM. Many people with the same complaints; how is it no one is concerned? scared to drive my vehicle.

- Livonia, MI, USA

Mar 052013

PT Cruiser

This car kept over heating and after having the thermostat water pump and the entire fan unit replaced. Failing to find the source the head gasket blew.

- Lancaster, CA, USA

Jun 012014

PT Cruiser

I am frequently experiencing the following problem which includes the check engine light coming on, the car not wanted to accelerate, feeling like the car is going to stall while driving down the road. One time it did stall in traffic however, it started right back up. The check engine light does go out. I have taken it to several car places and no one has been able to diagnose the problem. This is a serious problem as I am afraid to drive the car. It has happened at varying speeds and weather conditions, from 20 - 60 miles per hour, local road to highways, warm days, cool days and everything in between. It is hard to predict when this will happen but is an issue that should be addressed before something serious happens and people are injured.

- Rockville, MD, USA

Sep 032013

PT Cruiser 4-cyl

We were coming to a stop and there was a pop under the hood the entire vehicle shut off, and then started right back up since that incident our lights contiunously blink inside and outside the car and our radio has a mind of itsd own it works when it wants to... we have replaced the battery and the posts we have also replaced the alternator... we have had it tested several different times and nobody can seem to diagnose the problem...

- Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Aug 252013

PT Cruiser

The multi function switch on the steering column just stops working. When this happens you lose head lights, tail lights, turn signals, windshield wipers, and windshield spray. The switch has been replaced twice now and the same problem keeps occurring. It either fails totally or works intermittently. You cannot drive the car at night or when it's raining - it's a major safety issue.

- Honor, MI, USA

Feb 252013

PT Cruiser 4-cyl

Came out one day and the left front turn signal was glowing. Will not blink or turn off even with the engine off. All others work fine, but the left rear blanks a little faster. I have changed: Bulbs, fuses, sockets on this left front, but did not work.

- Surprise, AZ, USA

Mar 012011

PT Cruiser

Iwas driving and entering the expressway from an on ramp when my check engine light came on after I heard a ding sound. I tried to excellerate and could not go over 20 miles an hour with out the car sputtering as if it was not getting gas. I drove to the nearest off ramp and preceded to a dealership where I had an oil change done on the same car a month prior. I had bought the car used from carmax just 4 months ago and it only had 44,000.the tech said it was probably something minor. When he called to tell me what was wrong it was not minor. The cam and crank position sensors had gone out. At the tune of $491 to fix it. I called the operations manager at carmax and all he wanted to say was thank goodness I had bought the extended warranty so it would only be $300 for the deductible. I saw that there were others with this same problem. I have had more people tell me that these cars (PT CRUISER) have many problems and that something is always going wrong with them. I wish I had never gotten this type of vechile now!!! I am stuck with this car because I cannot trade it in, I would be upside down. Hopefully I will not have the oil problems that all the others have had. If I had known they were built in Mexico I would not have even thought about buying it.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Dec 062010

PT Cruiser

2007 PT CRUISER,55000 miles. Burst into intense flames while parked in front of a store. Fire investigators declared that it was an electrical short that started fire. This car was totaled, product defect division of Chrysler responded that there is no Chrysler defect covered with their extended warranty or certified used car warranty. However fire marshall's report states that there was a defective wiring harness which caused the fire. If Chrysler is not responsible for defective wiring in their certified and guaranteed cars, then who is?

- Matamoras, PA, USA

Aug 172009

PT Cruiser

We have a 2007 in November 2007 the ignition switch fuse started to plow out once every 3 months. It got worse in august16, 2009 it would not stop blowing so we took it to larry miller Dodge to have it check and they said it was the ignition switch and it melted some wire under the dashboard. Had it all replaced and drove around for a few days started doing it again. I took it back and they hooked it up to there machine and didn't find anything wrong so I left it they told me that it needed to do it in front of them and it did started blowing the ignition fuse right there I left the car with them and the next day they told me it stopped doing it a day later it did it again so I called the main office of larry miller and they told me they would look into it to stay by the phone and they would call me on what to do I did. 2 months later went by and I called them and they said that the guy that was helping me got fired and that they closed the case I have been calling them about every day about this and they said it is my problem not theirs. And now the cooling fan is not working there is something wrong with the electrical system with this car. I am afraid to drive it because I have a little boy with me and am worried something is going to catch fire.

- Boise, ID, USA