2.9

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser:

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Owner Comments

Jun 292016

PT Cruiser

The lock on the back gate will randomly disengage. This causes the interior dome light to come on and drain the battery. I find that it mainly happens when closing the doors. Sometimes I don't know until I start driving and the "gate" light comes on and dings at me... which means I have to pull over, get out of the car, and open & close the hatch again.

- Tucson, AZ, USA

Jan 152016

PT Cruiser

The back gate lock pops open but it doesn't come open it just clicks which makes the dome light go on and says gate ajar it does this randomly in motion or not I have no way of a picture taken or sending docum.

- Goodyear, AZ, USA

Nov 212015

PT Cruiser

Driving my vehicle on a highway, approaching the city, with cruise control on. Weather clear and sunny. Highway traffic was light. My speed was at around 70 mph. The driver apparently decided to exit the ramp as it was lined with vehicles. The driver pulled out of ramp and steered to left lane on highway, in front of me. I had to brake suddenly to avoid collision. My car suddenly skidded and spun around once, with rubber burning from tires. My vehicle nearly crashed against the rail as my car skidded for 2nd time to stop. No injuries or property damages. Inspected my car later at gas station. Did not detect any visual problems. Could not figure out why my car skidded and spun around on highway. After the shopping trip, I drove home with no incidents. As I pulled in home, there was smoke coming out of under hood. My car was inspected by two mechanics, from separate time and location, and I was told my cooling fan broke. Possible that the incident leaded the fan to shut down due to mechanical error, the first mechanic said. Cost to replace the cooling fan and labor can run as high as $400. Also, the airbag light, on dashboard, stays on most of time.

- Sierra Vista, AZ, USA

Feb 102015

PT Cruiser

The vehicle failed change gears.

- Washington, DC, USA

Feb 062013

PT Cruiser

I am now afraid to drive my car. You will be driving along and it just quits. Time after time this has happened. I have read many complaints about this and am wondering why nothing is being done. I have taken it to a mechanic and they can find nothing wrong. It is very scary to be driving down the road and your car just stops. All the engine lights come on and it stops.it varies with speed sometimes it happens in a parking lot and sometimes on the freeway at 60mph. Very serious.

- Shoreline, WA, USA

Oct 012013

PT Cruiser 4-cyl

Car cuts off when driving on streets 10 to 40 miles per hour and misses and get sluggish as if it does not want to go or it will cut off a lot when driving on freeway at 60 miles or more.

- Long Beach, CA, USA