2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser:

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser Owner Comments

May 192014

PT Cruiser

When I purchased the car in January 2014 it had 58,000 miles on it. One week after purchase the right rear brake light blew out. I went back to the dealership (carmax) and had it problem. Three months later the light has blown again. I get a mechanic to look at it, needs a socket replacement. #issue 1 in May 2014, there was a slight elevation in the temperature (high 80's), I wanted to try on the a.C., when doing so I heard a "pop" that sounded like it came from the vent. I thought maybe it came from not being used for awhile. The air did not blow cold right away, it took about 15 mins before the car began to cool. Now on the second attempt to run the a.C., the same things happened (the "pop", 15min cooling time) but a new problem came up...when I put the car in park it began to shake! it was idling, while sitting; then when I put it in drive it was okay (slight idle, but stopped). This problem does not happen all the time, it is very spontaneous. My plan was to get service on the a.C but I'm not sure that's the real problem #issue 2 please help!!!!

- Newport News, VA, USA