Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: Engine cradle rot is a serious problem in the 2004-05 Chrysler Pacifica. Chrysler admits they didn't apply enough coating to the vehicle's sub-frame during assembly, but only offered to cover a very small portion of the vehicles they messed up.

So what happens when your engine cradle rots? Well, the engine could fall out for starters. It could also cause problems with the suspension and other components but did I mention THE ENGINE CAN FALL OUT? The worst part is you might not know because there's no way to see the problem without getting under the car.

If you have a 2004-05 Pacifica, make sure to have your mechanic inspect your sub-frame for rust and corrosion.

2004 Chrysler Pacifica body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chrysler Pacifica:

2004 Chrysler Pacifica Owner Comments

May 172016

click to see larger images

subframe separated from body

We had the sub frame replaced on June 18th 2014 at 151178 miles now on May 17th 2016 at 168326 miles the subframe has separated from the body of the car. I am very lucky this happened on my street and not on the highway. I had the caw towed to the dealer how sold us the car and who has done all the work on it from new. I was advised the repair from 2014 is our of warranty. I am getting a quote.

- , timonium, MD, USA