CarComplaints.com Notes: Engine cradle rot is a serious problem in the 2004-05 Chrysler Pacifica. Chrysler admits they didn't apply enough coating to the vehicle's sub-frame during assembly, but only offered to cover a very small portion of the vehicles they messed up.

So what happens when your engine cradle rots? Well, the engine could fall out for starters. It could also cause problems with the suspension and other components but did I mention THE ENGINE CAN FALL OUT? The worst part is you might not know because there's no way to see the problem without getting under the car.

If you have a 2004-05 Pacifica, make sure to have your mechanic inspect your sub-frame for rust and corrosion.

2004 Chrysler Pacifica engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chrysler Pacifica:

2004 Chrysler Pacifica Owner Comments

Aug 062016

Pacifica Limited

I have a 2004 Chrysler Pacifica that the engine cradle has rusted to a dangers situation. I only have 105000 miles car runs good and never had any problems. Took it into Chrysler and they didn't care a bit. Can't believe they admit to not correctly appling rust prevention but won't fix the problem.

- , Des Plaines, IL, USA

Jul 052016

Pacifica Sports Tourer 3.5L V6

Went in to get a hose looked at and new tires. Had person call to tell me to park car and not drive as engine cradle had significant rust and then informed me of Pacifica problems with engine cradles. I love my car but costing more than Blue Book to fix and no help from Chrysler is a big problem. I've had this car for almost 10 years and had never heard this before.

- , Indianapolis, IN, USA

Jun 162016

Pacifica

This vehicle has been garaged most of it's life. I took it in for a required state inspection. It failed due to the extensive amount of rust holes in the engine cradle. I was under the car with the state inspector and saw holes in the cradle that were large enough to put my fist in. My mother has been driving this car for the last 4 years. The cradle holds the engine and various steering and suspension components. I got estimates ranging from $2,000 to $5,000 for the repair of a $2,500 vehicle. This could have been prevented had Chrysler put about a dollars worth of undercoating on the part. Instead I will be forced to junk the vehicle. This is a disgrace and someone at Chrysler needs to be fired. I understand there is a lawsuit in Ohio over this issue. I cant wait months/years I need a resolution, leaving me with the only intelligent option of junking the car. I have been quoted $250. Chrysler I have owned three of your vehicles, NEVER AGAIN.

- , Wheeling, WV, USA

Oct 232015

Pacifica Sport V6

Upon picking car up from mechanic who replaced power steering pump and scheduling motor mount replacement, mechanic showed me the rotted out engine cradle. He was amazed by the damage and concerned over safety. I have since researched and found Chrysler knows of the issue but is not posing a recall. I'm told repair will be quite expensive.

- , Cumberland, RI, USA