CarComplaints.com Notes: Engine cradle rot is a serious problem in the 2004-05 Chrysler Pacifica. Chrysler admits they didn't apply enough coating to the vehicle's sub-frame during assembly, but only offered to cover a very small portion of the vehicles they messed up.

So what happens when your engine cradle rots? Well, the engine could fall out for starters. It could also cause problems with the suspension and other components but did I mention THE ENGINE CAN FALL OUT? The worst part is you might not know because there's no way to see the problem without getting under the car.

If you have a 2004-05 Pacifica, make sure to have your mechanic inspect your sub-frame for rust and corrosion.

2004 Chrysler Pacifica suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chrysler Pacifica:

2004 Chrysler Pacifica Owner Comments (Page 6 of 6)

Aug 102007

Pacifica 6-cyl

In August of 2007 I noticed a clucking noise in the front of my vehicle when ever I was on uneven roads or a bumpy service. I thought my shocks needed to be replaced so we did that but the noise is continuing to get worse, I took it to a mechanic in October he replaced the bushings which didn't seem to solve the problem, he doesn't know what the problem is, I have spent over a couple of thousand dollars on problems with this vehicle already and I am getting a little worried about driving it down the road it sounds so bad I think a front tire or something worse might break and I will have an accident injuring myself or someone else in the process, this needs to be reviewed by Chrysler for the 2004 Pacifica, I know this the first year for this vehicle but the recalls to fix stuff are few and far between if they even bother, it just seems like Chrysler could care less. You can't even by a hanes or any kind of manual for this vehicle yet which is stupid let alone by parts from anyone for it.

- Canton, SD, USA

Jan 212005

Pacifica 6-cyl

Rear grinds and smokes. Heavy vibration through the steering wheel that is so bad that it is difficult to hold the steering wheel.

- Alexandria, VA, USA