CarComplaints.com Notes: Engine cradle rot is a serious problem in the 2004-05 Chrysler Pacifica. Chrysler admits they didn't apply enough coating to the vehicle's sub-frame during assembly, but only offered to cover a very small portion of the vehicles they messed up.

So what happens when your engine cradle rots? Well, the engine could fall out for starters. It could also cause problems with the suspension and other components but did I mention THE ENGINE CAN FALL OUT? The worst part is you might not know because there's no way to see the problem without getting under the car.

If you have a 2004-05 Pacifica, make sure to have your mechanic inspect your sub-frame for rust and corrosion.

1.6

2005 Chrysler Pacifica body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chrysler Pacifica:

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Owner Comments (Page 4 of 9)

May 012015

Pacifica

Got word from my mechanic that the engine cradle is rotting and rusting and is a serious hazard to drive. He said it potentially could lead to the engine falling out of the vehicle.

- Clymer, PA, USA

Jan 042014

Pacifica

Sub-frame engine cradle severely rusted. Same concern as documented in nbc news Chicago tv investigation report. Discovered during dealer service.

- Frankfort, IL, USA

Aug 272015

Pacifica

My 2005 Chrysler Pacifica failed inspection due to the sub-frame rotting out. This vehicle is garage kept and in the 8 years I own it, I have driven it less than 25,000 miles. Apparently this is a real problem with this model. Is Chrysler offering any remedies or recalls for this sub-frame problem?

- Bethlehem, PA, USA

Sep 252015

Pacifica

On the highway there were these vibrations in the pacific so my husband and I took the car to the mechanic which recommended new suspension so we got those. The problem wasn't fixed my husband took it to another mechanic for new tires, suspension and alignment to be told that our only means of transportation was not fit to drive because the subframe completely has rotted out. Thank god he did that, I'm horrified my child was in it all this time. My husband and I called the number 1 800-992-1997 DaimlerChrysler. To be told there is nothing that can be done for us the mileage of the car was outside warranty. The mechanic's quote for is over $2000. I'm not sure what to do right now to get to work and manage my usual weekly errands.

- Grand Rapids, MI, USA

Sep 052015

Pacifica

This vehicle was appraised as a trade-in for another automobile. It was discovered that its engine cradle was corroded and the vehicle was declared unsafe for resale. This situation is identical to numerous other complaints regarding Chrysler Pacificas and is the currently the subject of a class-action lawsuit.

- West Chicago, IL, USA

Aug 072015

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2005 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that while the vehicle was being serviced by an independent mechanic, the technician observed that the sub frame was rusted and had holes on the front passenger side floorboard. As a result, the technician diagnosed that the sub frame needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 140,000.

- Akron, OH, USA

Jul 152015

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2005 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that the frame that holds the engine was rusted and rotted, causing the engine to shake and become unstable. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where the failure was unable to be determined. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The failure mileage was 99,000.

- Monroe, MI, USA

May 132015

Pacifica 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2005 Chrysler Pacifica. A mechanic and independent mechanic stated that the engine cradle was rusted during an oil change. The mechanic stated that the engine cradle needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 52,000. MA 10/8 updated 3/14/16

- Bristol, PA, USA

Mar 032014

Pacifica

Entire subframe, engine cradle, riddled with corrosion and rust. Spoke with Chrysler customer service last year and was told that my Pacifica was built/ assembled in delawer therefore my car is not covered by the recall. I found several car with the same issue, my mechanic placed the car up on the lift and got the shock of his day. The whole engine cradle was rusted and corroded. I could put my hand through it, it was so corroded. He told me, basically, that I should get the car fixed or get rid of it I had the car for almost 3 years and the dealer never reported the problem, and I don't believe I could catch it unless I got under the car, additionally it will take more the 3 year for the much rust to shows

- Willoughby , OH, USA

Jul 062015

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2005 Chrysler Pacifica.while the vehicle was undergoing routine maintenance, the mechanic observed that the entire subframe was corroded due to extreme corrosion. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 75,000. The VIN was not available.

- Valley View, OH, USA

Jul 092015

Pacifica

Engine cradle is rusted with large holes next to welds in frame. Vibration felt in steering wheel. Not covered by Chrysler even though they have covered other same year Chrysler Pacifica vehicles.

- Nashotah, WI, USA

Jun 102015

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2005 Chrysler Pacifica. While the vehicle was being inspected, the inspector observed that the entire subframe was rotting away and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 100,000.

- Port Jervis, NY, USA

Jul 022015

Pacifica

www.carcomplaints.com/news/2015/lawsuit-Chrysler-Pacifica-engine-cradle-rust.shtml we were told by our mechanic not to drive car anymore as it could turn catastrophic... I know the car is 10 years old, but to be suddenly "grounded" for rust?

- Mount Laurel, NJ, USA

Jun 082015

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2005 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that while driving at 45 mph, the vehicle began to shake. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the subframe was corroded. The contact was informed that the vehicle was not safe to operate. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 129,000.

- Genison, MI, USA

Jun 022015

Pacifica

No accident has happened yet!! my Pacifica has sub frame rot. There is a hole you can put your hand right through. I have put more money in this car then it is worth. I want in on the class action law suit. I don't have 4000.to 5000. Dollars to fix it. And it needs to be fixed. Help!!!!!!! MA 10/5

- Amesbury, MA, USA

Jun 172015

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2005 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that the entire front subframe and engine cradle were excessively corroded. Both the manufacturer and dealer were made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 73,000.

- Columbus, OH, USA

Jun 152015

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2005 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that while the vehicle at an independent mechanic for an inspection, the mechanic diagnosed that the engine sub frame had corroded and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 142,589.

- Victor, NY, USA

May 242015

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2005 Chrysler Pacifica. While driving approximately 5 mph and making a left turn, a clicking sound emitted from the steering column without warning. The failure recurred on several occasions whenever the contact made a left or right turn. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic. The technician diagnosed that the engine cradle had excessive rust and was fractured. As a result, the engine cradle needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 137,000.

- Aurora, IL, USA

Apr 172015

Pacifica 6-cyl

I only purchased my vehicle 1 year ago. The first month I had it, I tried to have it inspected and was told my sub-frame was rotted. I contacted the Chrysler company and there were no recalls. I contacted the dealer and they wouldn't help me. My check engine light is on because the O2 sensors are bad and now my power steering is leaking and I was told the steering rack is bad. I've also had to replace my inner and outer tie rods on both sides and also replaced the sway bar links. I am a single mom with 3 kids and this car has been a huge burden on me financially. I made a huge mistake buying a Chrysler.

- Providence, RI, USA

Mar 312015

Pacifica 6-cyl

Vehicle engine cradle sub-frame is rotting through and nearly separating one portion from another. This will at some point in time fail in a catastrophic manner. This defect seems to be well documented on numerous web sites and Fiat Chrysler group is aware of this problem and makes like the problem is with only a very limited number of vehicles which is clearly not the case. They have an extended warranty of note for this very problem, but is limiting it to a very few cars manufactured between a very limited timeframe from late 2004 to early 2005, all others are excluded in spite of the fact that numerous Pacifica's are noted as having this problem.this repair is an approx. $3000 repair that Chrysler is ignoring the safety of the owners and families of these cars and those driving around them.

- Rochester, NY, USA