Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: Engine cradle rot is a serious problem in the 2004-05 Chrysler Pacifica. Chrysler admits they didn't apply enough coating to the vehicle's sub-frame during assembly, but only offered to cover a very small portion of the vehicles they messed up.

So what happens when your engine cradle rots? Well, the engine could fall out for starters. It could also cause problems with the suspension and other components but did I mention THE ENGINE CAN FALL OUT? The worst part is you might not know because there's no way to see the problem without getting under the car.

If you have a 2004-05 Pacifica, make sure to have your mechanic inspect your sub-frame for rust and corrosion.

2005 Chrysler Pacifica brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chrysler Pacifica:

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Owner Comments

Jun 152015

I had been having issues with my vehicle sputtering while driving on and off for a few months. I had a tune- up done which worked for a few weeks until it started up again. I was driving my children to school when the car started to jerk front and back and the engine would alternate between reving up and sputtering like it was going to die out. I managed to drop my kids of at school and get back home. My husband took the car in and they service guy said that it would cost around $5000 to repair. He stated that the engine mount was cracked and the frame was rusted which had caused damage to some of the vehicle wiring. We took it to another shop and the service guy at this shop said the same. He told us that the vehicle was not safe to drive that the engine could essentially fall right out while I was driving it. Needless to say I decided not to drive the vehicle again. I used this vehicle to drive my children everywhere. I am extremely frustrated with this situation because I was not aware of this type of problem with my vehicle prior to this incident. I am thankful that nothing happened while I was driving with my children; but I can't help but wonder how may other people are out there driving around in this vehicle not knowing what could happen. My husband contacted chrylser which was a waste of time. I wonder how they can get away with this. Not only am I out of a car but I cant get much on a trade in because the vehicle isn't safe to drive.

- Countryside , IL, USA

Apr 112009

I have the problem with my 2005 Pacifica stalling, while I am driving 35 mph, the vehicle idled roughly, bucked, and stalled completely. It happened before and two weed after I have recall done. Date of failures: 2/15/2009 and 4/11/2009 when I bring it back to the dealer they want to charge me $120 dollars for diagnostic (4/16/09). I refused to pay and found out that many Pacifica's owners have the same problem and for safety reason I file this complaint please email me what should I do. Thank you very much john anh pham Pacifica 2005

- Fountain Valley, CA, USA