- November 27: Investigation Closed Into Jeep Airbags Deploying For Nothing
- November 2: Chrysler Valve Stem Lawsuit Alleges Metal Stems Corrode
- October 31: Jeep Cherokee Recalled After Engine Fires
- October 29: Chrysler Recalls 560,000 SUVs For Airbag and Stability Problems
- October 27: Fiat Chrysler Recalls Jeep Cherokee and Ram 1500
NHTSA — Electrical System Problems
2005 Chrysler Pacifica (Page 1 of 4)
CarComplaints.com Notes: Engine cradle rot is a serious problem in the 2004-05 Chrysler Pacifica. Chrysler admits they didn't apply enough coating to the vehicle's sub-frame during assembly, but only offered to cover a very small portion of the vehicles they messed up.
So what happens when your engine cradle rots? Well, the engine could fall out for starters. It could also cause problems with the suspension and other components but did I mention THE ENGINE CAN FALL OUT? The worst part is you might not know because there's no way to see the problem without getting under the car.
If you have a 2004-05 Pacifica, make sure to have your mechanic inspect your sub-frame for rust and corrosion.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 1 / 2
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 43,287 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.