Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: Engine cradle rot is a serious problem in the 2004-05 Chrysler Pacifica. Chrysler admits they didn't apply enough coating to the vehicle's sub-frame during assembly, but only offered to cover a very small portion of the vehicles they messed up.

So what happens when your engine cradle rots? Well, the engine could fall out for starters. It could also cause problems with the suspension and other components but did I mention THE ENGINE CAN FALL OUT? The worst part is you might not know because there's no way to see the problem without getting under the car.

If you have a 2004-05 Pacifica, make sure to have your mechanic inspect your sub-frame for rust and corrosion.

2005 Chrysler Pacifica engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chrysler Pacifica:

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Oct 252006

Pacifica 6-cyl

On October 25, 2006 I drove down my lane in my 2005 Chrysler Pacifica to pick up my mail at the end of the driveway my 4 year old daughter was in the back seat in a car seat. After retrieving my mail. I backed up and bumped a small tree. I then put the car in drive and at that moment was propelled forward at a high speed without my foot on the gas pedal. Within an instant I collided with a larger tree. I hit my head on the windshield, breaking the glass. No air bags deployed. The entire front bumper of the car was destroyed at the center point. My daughter bit her tongue, but otherwise was fine. The car could not be moved after that as the steering fluid was emptied onto the driveway. We filed a police report and had aaa tow the car. I was then taken to emergency. I had hit my hard enough to break the windshield and had cat scan and reported to have a concussion. The damage to the car was approximately $7000. My insurance company, westfield insurance covered everything except a $500 deductible, and did supply me with a rental car for 30 days. On November 25, 2006 I received mail from Chrysler informing me of a fuel pump recall. On Monday, directly after picking the car, I immediately took the car to the Chrysler dealership for the recall. I will not drive it again until the fuel pump has been repaired. I know that the reason I went forward without my foot on the gas was due to fuel injection or fuel pump issues. On Tuesday November 28, ladd hanford Chrysler informed me that their computer that would be fixing the software issues that cause the fuel pump to malfunction was not working. They wanted me to pick up my Pacifica and bring it back at a later date├┐ó├┐┐├┐Ž I would not be doing that, because I am completely skeptical of the safety on my car. I will not drive it until in has been repaired. The dealer took it to another nearby dealership to resolve the issue, only to discover that they also could not fix the software glitch.

- Lebanon,, PA, USA

Sep 222006

We have a 2005 Chrysler Pacifica. That keeps cutting off. The first time it happen I thought well maybe it was something I did. The second time was when I was turning onto a 2 lane road come home late. The car just turned completely off. No warning at all. Thankfully the car swerved and missed me and my kids. I then took it toallen samuel's alliance. I told them what was happening and also told them my left light keeps having a short in it. And at times cuts off. The dealer called me back and advised that the light had a defect to it and that for the engine failure it was due to my throttle needing to be cleaned. That was not covered under warranty and had to pay $300 to get that cleaned. I then was called back several hours later and was told that the throttle had been clean but it they test drove it and it seemed like something else was going on. They asked if I would let them keep it until the morning so that they can have there tech look at it again in the morning. I said okay although at this point it was going on the 4th day with out having a replacement vehicle. I was called the next day and was told it was the rear motor mount that need to be replaced. And that was covered however I need to pay my deductible. We went ahead and had them fix the problem. This was at the end of July. It is now September and my 2005 Chrysler Pacifica is in the shop again.because as I was driving it staled on me again... took it back to the shop and on my way there it staled again. All of sudden my 2005 Chrysler Pacifica stared making this loud noise when I would accelerated and or turn left........ when we got to the dealer they advise again that now another motor mount has broke... my car has been there a week. And I have not received a loaner car because the warranty company is saying that they will not replace it my 2005 Chrysler only has 39,926....and the dealership is saying that they will help us out with payment plans the repair is 1,100.

- Haslet, TX, USA

Aug 172006

Pacifica 6-cyl

: the contact stated at various speeds, while letting off of the accelerator pedal, the vehicle stalled intermittently. The vehicle restarted with no delay. The dealership replaced the computer, but the problem persisted. The vehicle was currently at the dealership.

- Silver Spring, MD, USA

Jul 182006

Pacifica 6-cyl

: the contact stated while driving at various speeds the vehicle stalled without warning. The dealer replaced the idler control motor but the problem persists. When the gas gauge reads a half tank, the needle would drop. The dealer replaced the sending unit, fuel level module.

- Westmont, IL, USA