Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: Engine cradle rot is a serious problem in the 2004-05 Chrysler Pacifica. Chrysler admits they didn't apply enough coating to the vehicle's sub-frame during assembly, but only offered to cover a very small portion of the vehicles they messed up.

So what happens when your engine cradle rots? Well, the engine could fall out for starters. It could also cause problems with the suspension and other components but did I mention THE ENGINE CAN FALL OUT? The worst part is you might not know because there's no way to see the problem without getting under the car.

If you have a 2004-05 Pacifica, make sure to have your mechanic inspect your sub-frame for rust and corrosion.

2005 Chrysler Pacifica miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chrysler Pacifica:

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Owner Comments

Oct 162007

Pacifica 8-cyl

I was driving me Chrysler Pacifica and noticed a smell of fumes and when I stopped for a light and proceeded the car made a rumbling noise as if I was going over grating which I wasn't. then I noticed S, oke comin out of the hood. I at first thought it was overheating but my temperature gauge was not on hot. I went to a gas station and they said it was probably a little oil spilled and that was it. It had stopped. I went to my destination, turned car off and came back 5 minuted later and car started up fine. Proceeded back on highway and again smelled fumes. Suddenly car just ceases on highway. Thank god I had my emergency lights on and I was in the rigth lane going very slow. I pulled over at which time smoke was billowing out of the hood and fire was coming out from under the car. I called 911 and car burst into flames! August of 2007 I brought my car to dealer because I received a recall notice on the fuel pump module and they fixed it. Thank god I wasn't in the left lane or there would have been a severe accident and my daughter and I might not have gotten out in time.

- Bronx, NY, USA

Jan 242007

I purchased a 2005 Pacifica touring with AWD in the summer of 2006. Three times my car has had difficulties when there was a dusting of snow blowing over the road. The 1st incident was on Jan. 24 2007, the front end of my vehicle started to lose control and finally I went into a spin. I was in the left lane of a 2 lane road heading South. My car spun in front of the vehicle in the right lane, through the ditch, and finally ended up in the trees on the other side of the ditch. I suffered only minor injuries-neck sprain, but I took out a highway sign and a tree. Damages to my car totaled over $11,000, I got it back from the body shop 1 month after the accident. The 2nd time I was by myself, the 3rd time I had my 1 year old daughter in the back seat, both times I wasn't driving fast, the second time it kept swaying even after slowing down to 30 mph. This has caused me a lot of concern so my husband started having to drive me to work during the winter months. Now we are planning to sell the Pacifica because of the poor gas mileage. I don't feel comfortable selling this vehicle without reassurance that there's nothing wrong with it. Recently the front end has started to make noise every once in a while also. It makes a low thudding sound that makes my ears feel like they're going to pop. My husband tried putting the car in neutral and turning the ignition off, but it still kept making the noise. It first started about 2 months ago and I've heard it three times, we've also had problems with the blinkers failing to turn off.

- Mora, MN, USA

Mar 142006

Pacifica 6-cyl

A small piece of road debris ( 1X4 board) contacted the underside of my 2005 Chrysler Pacifica puncturing the fuel tank. The tanks is hung lower than the surrounding chassis components and does not have any type of shield or skid plate, leaving it rather vulnerable to damage from road debris. Furthermore the tanks is located close to the exhaust and catalytic converter. Cost to replace the tank was in excess of $1000. The local Chrysler dealer felt there was no problem with the design and that there is no fix available to prevent this from re-occurring. Furthermore the local dealership had no knowledge on any reporting system within daimler Chrysler to whom we could report our concerns.

- Pearland, TX, USA

Jun 302005

Pacifica 6-cyl

2005 Chrysler Pacifica touring. Have had the car 4 months. This is our third cd/dvd player. We have had music cds become jammed two times and the dealer has had to replace the units. Currently not using the player for music or dvds, trying to avoid the pain of dealing with the dealership.

- Palm Hanbor, FL, USA