2006 Chrysler Pacifica body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chrysler Pacifica:

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Owner Comments (Page 2 of 5)

Apr 022016

When we bought the car not 11 months ago we were never told about any structural damage. A week ago we noticed a bad thumping as we were driving, so we took it to a car shop and that's when they found over 4 inches of rust on both sides of the engine cradle and they told us it was unsafe to drive.

- Dearborn Heights, MI, USA

Mar 272016

The engine mounts have broken, and been replaced, and broke again. The floorboard, has rusted through on the drivers side, and the frame is rusting out. The suspension is breaking and has now blow out 2 tires. The electrical panel /dash, doesn't work and causes other problems. I don't live by salt water and have been informed that this is not a new problem with this make/model. Gas fumes come up through the floorboard, and I have been dealing with this since I took it off of the dealership. I am a single mom of 3, and am not finding help from anyone. Can you please help me?

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Jan 012015

I have a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica touring edition with less than 115,000 miles on it. The car runs flawlessly except for the sub frame rust corrosion that has eaten away the engine and car support underneath my car. I have read continuously that this is a common problem with this type of vehicle. My car is unsafe to drive and I fear I will get into an accident while driving it. I will be taking this car to Chrysler in paramus, NJ to find out what can be done on my behalf. Are there any recalls out there, or manufacturer warranties covering such major repairs. I am not in a position to purchase to new car right now. Please help.

- Teaneck, NJ, USA

Mar 122016

After having my oil change mechanic show me the frame on my Pacifica 4 large holes in engine mount frame from rust.

- Akron, OH, USA

Mar 082016

Yesterday had new tires put on the car and the mechanic said, I need you to come see this. I looked and saw my frame rusting through. There was a report on tv on this 2 years ago. Seeing hundreds of complaints on line about this exact same problem! what will it take for a recall" when is this government organization going to care? isn't that what this is set up for" this isn't just a hand full of complaints.

- Lemont, IL, USA

Feb 212016

During an inspection of the car, it was observed that severe corrosion of the engine cradle has occurred. The corrosion is severe enough that it was recommended that the car not be driven. On the internet I note that there were recalls (or repairs) by Chrysler for 2005 model year cars but not 2006. The car is in excellent shape except for this cradle mount corrosion. I now have to repair the car for a cost that is more than the car is worth, or replace the Pacifica with equivalent for much more money. Chrysler should do something about this issue. Obviously, more than the 2005 cars are involved. According to the internet, there have been many reports of this problem

- Concord, NH, USA

Feb 162016

• 1,120,000 miles

I went in to get my oil changed in my 2006 Chrysler Pacifica that I've only had a year and a half the mechanic came out and got me to show me that our subframe and the rocker panels are all rusted out and he told me he didn't know how long it would last until the engine and the transmission and everything would fall out if the subframe would break why we were driving down the road he said you might want to get it checked out and so I took it and got it checked out and they told me that it would be up to $2500 to get it fixed if they didn't find anything else wrong why they were fixing it.

- Rochelle, IL, USA

Feb 012016

After encountering multiple problems involving front suspension, motor mounts, power steering components and uneven tire wear the dealer informed us the sub frame assembly was rusted through and needed to be replaced. This assembly has steering and suspension mounted to it, as well as serves as the cradle for the engine. After contacting the manufacturer they stated this vehicle was not included in the recall or extended warranty offered by Chrysler and they would provide no further assistance.

- Hoffman Estates, IL, USA

Jan 112014

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that the motor bracket and the motor mounts fractured. As a result, the engine was mounted on top of the starter and ignited a fire. There were no injuries and a police report was filed. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The failure mileage was 115,000.

- East Hazelcrest, IL, USA

Jan 072016

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that the vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic for minor maintenance. The mechanic noticed that the passenger side frame that supported the engine was rusted. The mechanic advised that the frame needed to be repaired or the engine would fall off. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and stated that there were no recalls. The failure was not remedied. The failure mileage was 97,000.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Dec 312015

While traveling I had some alignment issues with my car, I brought it to a Chrysler dealership service area to make certain the car was safe to drive home to Connecticut. While I was told it will be fine to make it home, my subframe will need to be replaced due to rust. As I researched this, I see that this has been an issue with the Pacifica 2004-2006 models. Below are the statements from service: 1. sub-frame badly rusted reported 12/31/2015 by Chrysler service easton, md 2. front sub-frame nearly broken 01/02/2016 by town fair tire, hamden, ct.

- Hamden, CT, USA

Dec 042015

On 12/4/15 we took our 2006 Chrysler Pacifica for an oil change. When we picked up the vehicle the mechanic at the dealership explained to us that the subframe that holds the engine of the vehicle in place is rusted and will not pass annual pa inspection without being replaced. We were quoted an amount of $2,009.28 for just the parts to replace the rusted subframe. This did not include any labor. The vehicle only has 73,000 miles on it and has been garage kept since the day it was bought brand new in 2006. After some extensive research, this seems to be a common problem in 2004-2008 Chrysler Pacifica vehicles. I contacted Chrysler concerning this issue due to the safety concern this poses for myself and my family as well as the fact that this should not be happening to a vehicle that is less than 10 years old and garage kept. The contact at chrysle acknowledged that this is a problem, but that our vehicle was not covered under a warranty that Chrysler issued for 2004-2005 Pacificas. I find it completely irresposible of Chrysler to deny fixing this issue when they are well aware that they did not provide enough coating of this part while manufacturing this vehicle. I have a picture of the damage but have been unable to attach it to this form. If we attempt to fix the issue with the vehicle, we will be putting more money into the vehicle than what it is worth and if we try to trade in the vehicle, we will not be given the value of the vehicle due to the required costly repair to pass inspection. Please do something about this as Chrysler needs to be held responsible for their failure to manufacture a safe vehicle.

- Hanover, PA, USA

Nov 252015

The vehicle was stationary going through an inspection when it was determined that the sub frame, engine cradle is rotted to the point that it is unsafe to drive. The vehicle is less than 10 years old and around 100,000 miles. That is around 10K miles per year. The vehicle looks and runs great otherwise. If they know that it is a problem that places lives at risk, why don't they do the right thing and correct the problem.

- Ithaca, NY, USA

Oct 162015

Original owner of a 2006 Pacifica (85000 miles)...on October 16, 2015, I drove the vehicle to the Chrysler dealer where it was purchased and has been regularly maintained for a routine scheduled oil change and multi-point inspection (no check engine light message triggered the visit.) in the process of returning me the keys and directing me to the cashier, the service advisor mentioned that a part known as a "front cross member" would need to be replaced due to rust/corrosion spotted on the inspection with estimated cost of repair at $1862 for the part and $644 for the labor (estimated time to complete the repair at 5.6 hours). The service advisor made mention that failure to do the repair could result in the engine falling out. Upon returning home, I googled "Pacifica frame rust" and discovered this problem is widespread. I learned there is a class-action lawsuit in Ohio involving this issue with motions and rulings relatively fresh with a judge named "donald C. nugent" hearing the case with the first name of plaintiff named being "holland et al" and the defendant in the suit being named "fca" as in Fiat Chrysler. From information I have gathered online, I have discovered that engine-cradle rot is a serious problem for the Chrysler Pacifica. Chrysler admits they didn't apply enough coating to the engine's sub-frame during assembly, but thus far has only offered to cover under warranty only a very small portion of the vehicles (approx 7000 in a November 9, 2010 technical service bulletin). Later, on March 16, 2012, fiatchrysler issued a new technical service bulletin superceding the previous tsb stating the engine cradle defect and extended warranty applied only to 2004-05 Pacificas in Canada and salt belt states manufactured in a six week window in 2004. This means approx 300000 Pacificas are dangerous and in need of repair mine included.

- Rockton, IL, USA

Oct 022012

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that while the vehicle was being serviced for an unrelated recall, it was discovered that the front subframe was severely corroded. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. On another occasion, the vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic to have an oil change. It was discovered that the engine was detaching due to the severe corrosion of the front subframe. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 54,000.

- Cassadaga, NY, USA

Oct 202015

Engine cradle rusted and is unsafe to drive I called Chrysler they said too bad for me I have to pay for all repairs.

- Ellwood City, PA, USA

Oct 082015

Front sub frame rust through. Was told frame could crack or break causing loss of control of car. Needs $3,100 repair at Chrysler dealer to make safe..

- Mchenry, IL, USA

Oct 022015

Took car in for oil change, mechanic told me that the engine cradle was showing some pretty severe rust issues. Was told that I would have to repair this soon, or risk having the engine drop out of the enclosing compartment. Repair estimated at $4500, which at this point is more than the car is worth. Contacted Chrysler, they said that there is no recall on this problem, so I was responsible for all repairs. Some research on the internet shows that this is a known and pretty widespread problem. Sorry to see that a company that I helped bail out a few years ago, doesn't stand by their product.

- Point Pleasant, NJ, USA

Sep 262015

Took to mechanic to replace links in wheels. Mechanic informed me of the rusted through subframe. I don't wanna be driving down the road then all the sudden my engine falls out. Only transportation I have.

- Rochelle, IL, USA

Aug 032015

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that the service engine warning light flickered and the vehicle overheated. The vehicle was repaired by replacing the hose. The contact also noticed that the engine cradle/subframe was rusted with holes and could fracture. The vehicle was taken to over three independent mechanics who diagnosed that the engine cradle/subframe needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 210,000.

- Chesapeake, VA, USA