2006 Chrysler Pacifica body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chrysler Pacifica:

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Owner Comments (Page 1 of 5)

Dec 152016

Pacifica

The front engine cradle is rotted with hole, when driving and transmission shift engine feels has it going to fall out.because the cradle is week it wearing out the engine mont.

- Wyandanch, NY, USA

Oct 252016

Pacifica

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 the the engine cradle rusted through and the engine lowered and the cradle itself was dragging along the street. My wife was leaving our town of owosso, Michigan to go to doctor appointments in lansing, Michigan about 35 miles away. The Pacifica had 119,101 miles on it and was otherwise in excellent condition. We had purchased the car from a Chrysler dealership about 15 miles away about seven years prior with 42,000 miles on it. It had always been serviced at the dealership until the dealership was sold in February 2016. Without repair the value of the vehicle was just scrap metal, repair was an absolute to salvage any value, the repair cost $3214.07

- Owosso, MI, USA

Dec 272016

Pacifica

Tremendous amount of rust on frame and multiple open holes allowing you to see through the frame were discovered when a local service center replaced the front struts.shocked that previous visit to a Chrysler dealer to replace an alternator made no mention of the condition of the frame.

- Columbia, MD, USA

Dec 152016

Pacifica

The engine cradle sub frame has rotted to the point where the car will not pass a NY safety inspection. All other frame components are in good shape, so it begs the question as to what was different about the manufacturing of the sub-frame? the issue is repairable, but it is a pretty costly fix (approx $2000) and it involves finding a replacement part from a vehicle outside of those states that routinely deal with road salt in the winter.

- Corniong, NY, USA

Dec 062016

Pacifica

Driving 70mph on interstate, car suddenly feels as though it is hydroplaning but road surface is dry, no control over steering. Took to dealership who said rear suspension had collapsed the weight from this had shredded both new back tires down to steel belt $1200 repair bill...also undercarriage is starting to rust out, have seen complaints of this on internet..Chrysler will do nothing

- Hartwell, GA, USA

Aug 192016

Pacifica

The subframe of the vechile has corrosion. And is unsafe to drive. There are other complaints but I'm looking to see if has a recall.

- New London, CT, USA

Nov 052016

Pacifica

¿excuse me, but I believe you dropped your engine back there.¿ sounds ridiculous, right" and it is ¿ unless you own a 2004¿08 Chrysler Pacifica which has the dubious nickname of ¿engine-dropper.¿ ok, I made that up ¿ but those cars do have a known issue where the engine cradles rust, rot and split apart to the point where the engine can actually fall out, so that nickname is entirely possible. But why these years specifically? and what is Chrysler doing to correct this dangerous problem" (spoiler alert: It's not much)

- Wyoming, MI, USA

Nov 012016

Pacifica

The engine cradle and the sub frame has severe corrosion and the mechanics told me it is no longer safe to drive and repairing it will require more than $5000. The car only has 60K miles on it.

- Pleasanton, CA, USA

Oct 262016

Pacifica

Our 2006 Pacifica was making noise when turning and we took it in to be looked at. Turns out, the crossmember is rusting through and needs replaced asap before it causes major damage and a potentially life-threatening accident. It is apparently a common problem with this car made from 2004-2008, and it is due to Chrysler's negligence. They knew it was a problem and they have done nothing to recall or replace the problem part outside of a very narrow swath of 7000 cars. We are scared to drive our small children in this car until we get it fixed (and spend $2500 we don't have!)

- Marshalltown, IA, USA

Sep 192016

Pacifica 6-cyl

My 2006 Chrysler Pacifica cradle is rusting out and the dealership that changed my oil said it is very dangerous to drive. I was also told by them that the 2004 and 2005 Chrysler Pacifica had recalls on this same issue but not the 2006. When I called Chrysler up to report this issue they told me that my VIN # is not on the recall and can not do anything about it. But as I read on here Chrysler should know about this issue. I have my grandson in my car a lot of the time and I hope and pray nothing happens to either one of us while I am driving this car. I can not afford to get this fixed because it is very expensive to repair.

- Colchester, IL, USA

Oct 112016

Pacifica

I took my car in for a simple oil change. The mechanic told me the engine cradle is so rusted that he can stick his finger through it. He said it was dangerously close to rusting through to the point where my engine could fall out of the vehicle!

- West Point, IA, USA

May 022016

Pacifica

Front sub-frame has such severe rust that the car will no longer be able to pass a nys safety inspection.

- Saugerties, NY, USA

Mar 022016

Pacifica

The center bearing/drive shaft is no good. I prepaid the dealer in March of 2016 for a new one. As of today Sep 18, 2006 it ha not come in yet. The car is undriveable. Excuse after excuse. I have notified the mass attorney generals office. There investigation. I also have a rotted sub frame. And the dealer wont stand behind it. I am looking to start or join a class action suit against Chrysler.

- Peabody, MA, USA

Sep 012016

Pacifica 6-cyl

My subframe is totally rusted out. Is very dangerous. Ten year old car, 100,000 miles. Is very big risk driving it with my kids in ithe car. Thank you

- Southgate, MI, USA

Sep 132016

Pacifica

We took our 2006 Chrysler pacific in for a repair. The mechanic called to report the engine cradle is severly rusted and unsafe to drive. Before this we noted some "clunking" in the front end but thought it was a suspension issue. We did not know that this vehicle had this engine cradle problem until the mechanic put the vehicle on the lift. We are face with a very costly repair because the vehicle is unsafe and essentially worthless. The mechanic said without warning the engine could have came loose and impeaded the ability to steer or brake. If we were on the highway we probably would have lost control and crashed.

- Westlake, OH, USA

Aug 292016

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that while at a dealer for inspection, the technician stated that the engine cradle had corroded and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 150,000.

- Leroy, NY, USA

Aug 012016

Pacifica

My engine cradle is almost rusted thru and my subframe is as well

- Shelbyville, KY, USA

Aug 162016

Pacifica

Brought car in for repair and the shop would not even lift the car up due to the sub frame being in such poor shape. They advised me to call the dealership to see if there are any open recalls for the issue. Upon calling the dealership they let me know that as there are not any open recalls on this they do keep the engine cradle in stock as this is a very common issue. The part alone is almost $2,000 and not even sure what the labor would be as of yet. As far as the rest of the complaints go looks as it will be over a $3,000 fix. I have found out from the dealship that the previous years have been recalled for the same issue.

- Rockford, IL, USA

Sep 032015

Pacifica

My 2006 Pacifica cradle, carrage, rockers, or whatever the correct name... underneath is rotted out. I got new tires for the vehicle and when I went to sears auto center to have them installed is when the news was broken to me about the issue. They told me that the compartment holding the engine is rusting out bad and could result in the motor falling out. It was so bad that they didn't align the tires because they didn't want to be held responsible. I drove the vehicle back to the dealer I purchased the vehicle and explained the issue. Their response was this is a buy here pay here and the vehicle was as is no warranty so their not responsible. Wow....was my response.... so I followed up by calling the dealer about the issue... but they don't have a recall on the vehicle frame issue for 2006 but only for certain vehicles in 2005.... now if that ain't just blow my mind...only thing I could do was file a complaint and hope enough people do too for it to be a chance for recall... now I don't think that's fair that I done purchased this vehicle as a family vehical with a rusted frame and there's nothing that's being done to fix this issue. This is a $3000 fix out of pocket which is not fair.

- Warren, OH, USA

Jul 252016

Pacifica

Sub frame which holds the engine has rusted through I several locations. Engine could "drop" at anytime while drive the car. 2005 models currently have a recall for the same issue.

- Dixon, IL, USA