2006 Chrysler Pacifica body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chrysler Pacifica:

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Owner Comments (Page 1 of 5)

Nov 052016

Pacifica

¿excuse me, but I believe you dropped your engine back there.¿ sounds ridiculous, right" and it is ¿ unless you own a 2004¿08 Chrysler Pacifica which has the dubious nickname of ¿engine-dropper.¿ ok, I made that up ¿ but those cars do have a known issue where the engine cradles rust, rot and split apart to the point where the engine can actually fall out, so that nickname is entirely possible. But why these years specifically? and what is Chrysler doing to correct this dangerous problem" (spoiler alert: It's not much)

- Wyoming, MI, USA

Nov 012016

Pacifica

The engine cradle and the sub frame has severe corrosion and the mechanics told me it is no longer safe to drive and repairing it will require more than $5000. The car only has 60K miles on it.

- Pleasanton, CA, USA

Oct 262016

Pacifica

Our 2006 Pacifica was making noise when turning and we took it in to be looked at. Turns out, the crossmember is rusting through and needs replaced asap before it causes major damage and a potentially life-threatening accident. It is apparently a common problem with this car made from 2004-2008, and it is due to Chrysler's negligence. They knew it was a problem and they have done nothing to recall or replace the problem part outside of a very narrow swath of 7000 cars. We are scared to drive our small children in this car until we get it fixed (and spend $2500 we don't have!)

- Marshalltown, IA, USA

Sep 192016

Pacifica

My 2006 Chrysler Pacifica cradle is rusting out and the dealership that changed my oil said it is very dangerous to drive. I was also told by them that the 2004 and 2005 Chrysler Pacifica had recalls on this same issue but not the 2006. When I called Chrysler up to report this issue they told me that my VIN # is not on the recall and can not do anything about it. But as I read on here Chrysler should know about this issue. I have my grandson in my car a lot of the time and I hope and pray nothing happens to either one of us while I am driving this car. I can not afford to get this fixed because it is very expensive to repair.

- Colchester, IL, USA

Oct 112016

Pacifica

I took my car in for a simple oil change. The mechanic told me the engine cradle is so rusted that he can stick his finger through it. He said it was dangerously close to rusting through to the point where my engine could fall out of the vehicle!

- West Point, IA, USA

May 022016

Pacifica

Front sub-frame has such severe rust that the car will no longer be able to pass a nys safety inspection.

- Saugerties, NY, USA

Mar 022016

Pacifica

The center bearing/drive shaft is no good. I prepaid the dealer in March of 2016 for a new one. As of today Sep 18, 2006 it ha not come in yet. The car is undriveable. Excuse after excuse. I have notified the mass attorney generals office. There investigation. I also have a rotted sub frame. And the dealer wont stand behind it. I am looking to start or join a class action suit against Chrysler.

- Peabody, MA, USA

Sep 012016

Pacifica 6-cyl

My subframe is totally rusted out. Is very dangerous. Ten year old car, 100,000 miles. Is very big risk driving it with my kids in ithe car. Thank you

- Southgate, MI, USA

Sep 132016

Pacifica

We took our 2006 Chrysler pacific in for a repair. The mechanic called to report the engine cradle is severly rusted and unsafe to drive. Before this we noted some "clunking" in the front end but thought it was a suspension issue. We did not know that this vehicle had this engine cradle problem until the mechanic put the vehicle on the lift. We are face with a very costly repair because the vehicle is unsafe and essentially worthless. The mechanic said without warning the engine could have came loose and impeaded the ability to steer or brake. If we were on the highway we probably would have lost control and crashed.

- Westlake, OH, USA

Aug 292016

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that while at a dealer for inspection, the technician stated that the engine cradle had corroded and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 150,000.

- Leroy, NY, USA

Aug 012016

Pacifica

My engine cradle is almost rusted thru and my subframe is as well

- Shelbyville, KY, USA

Aug 162016

Pacifica

Brought car in for repair and the shop would not even lift the car up due to the sub frame being in such poor shape. They advised me to call the dealership to see if there are any open recalls for the issue. Upon calling the dealership they let me know that as there are not any open recalls on this they do keep the engine cradle in stock as this is a very common issue. The part alone is almost $2,000 and not even sure what the labor would be as of yet. As far as the rest of the complaints go looks as it will be over a $3,000 fix. I have found out from the dealship that the previous years have been recalled for the same issue.

- Rockford, IL, USA

Sep 032015

Pacifica

My 2006 Pacifica cradle, carrage, rockers, or whatever the correct name... underneath is rotted out. I got new tires for the vehicle and when I went to sears auto center to have them installed is when the news was broken to me about the issue. They told me that the compartment holding the engine is rusting out bad and could result in the motor falling out. It was so bad that they didn't align the tires because they didn't want to be held responsible. I drove the vehicle back to the dealer I purchased the vehicle and explained the issue. Their response was this is a buy here pay here and the vehicle was as is no warranty so their not responsible. Wow....was my response.... so I followed up by calling the dealer about the issue... but they don't have a recall on the vehicle frame issue for 2006 but only for certain vehicles in 2005.... now if that ain't just blow my mind...only thing I could do was file a complaint and hope enough people do too for it to be a chance for recall... now I don't think that's fair that I done purchased this vehicle as a family vehical with a rusted frame and there's nothing that's being done to fix this issue. This is a $3000 fix out of pocket which is not fair.

- Warren, OH, USA

Jul 252016

Pacifica

Sub frame which holds the engine has rusted through I several locations. Engine could "drop" at anytime while drive the car. 2005 models currently have a recall for the same issue.

- Dixon, IL, USA

Jun 282016

Pacifica

Entered the freeway and after reaching speed of approximately 55-60 mph I heard a loud sound that sounded like a small explosion. Someone driving in the lane next to me began frantically pointing at the engine of my car. Immediately I saw smoke and flames coming from underneath the car's hood. I pulled off the exit that I was approaching, parked the car at the curb, jumped out the car, dialed 911. Fire department responded in a couple of minutes and by this time entire engine and hood was on fire.they put the fire out. Car was not able to be placed in neutral or any other gear, but was still towed to the dealership that performed repairs to fuel injectors and other components of the engine on February 2, 2016. During Feb. 2016 incident the gas pedal would not give power to make the car accelerate, car started smoking and giving off fumes that smelled like burning plastic. Car repairs were made in that incident. Going to have diagnostic performed to research if there is a connection/relation between February 2016 incident and June 2016 incident.

- Fresno, CA, USA

Jun 182016

Pacifica

Vehicle had cradle rot requiring complete replacement of the assembly. Had brought the vehicle to a local nechanic to do some routine maintenance. Mechanic observed the rust/rot and was told that it was so severe that he would not allow me to drive the vehicle home because if the cradle broke completely through the engine would drop to the street rendering the vehicle 'totaled'

- Rockford, IL, USA

Jun 042016

Pacifica

I have a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica with 70,000 miles. Was inspecting the exhaust system around the muffler and happened to notice some excessive rust on the sub frame and upon further looking I went to the front of the vehicle and noticed the motor cradle and where the motor cradle connects with the passenger side of the sub frame there were enormous amount of decay and corrosion on the motor cradle and splitting in the sub frame. I believe that there was a serious over look and neglect in not treating the sub frame with some sort of anti corrosive at time of assembly at the factory by Chrysler.the car was manufactured on September 2005.

- Rock Falls, IL, USA

Mar 092016

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. While inspecting the vehicle, the mechanic stated that the subframe was corroded and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 138,000.

- Kingsford, MI, USA

Jun 032016

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact noticed that the subframe was rusted. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the subframe needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 157,000.

- Westmont, IL, USA

Jan 102016

Pacifica

One side of my engine mount is rusting out badly as well. Would be nice to have a recall to repair this issue. I also have idling issues in which it seems like the car is going to die whether it's in park or drive. This has been going on for quite while now.

- Roscoe, IL, USA