2006 Chrysler Pacifica body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chrysler Pacifica:

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Owner Comments (Page 1 of 4)

Jun 042016

Pacifica

I have a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica with 70,000 miles. Was inspecting the exhaust system around the muffler and happened to notice some excessive rust on the sub frame and upon further looking I went to the front of the vehicle and noticed the motor cradle and where the motor cradle connects with the passenger side of the sub frame there were enormous amount of decay and corrosion on the motor cradle and splitting in the sub frame. I believe that there was a serious over look and neglect in not treating the sub frame with some sort of anti corrosive at time of assembly at the factory by Chrysler.the car was manufactured on September 2005.

- Rock Falls, IL, USA

Mar 092016

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. While inspecting the vehicle, the mechanic stated that the subframe was corroded and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 138,000.

- Kingsford, MI, USA

Jun 032016

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact noticed that the subframe was rusted. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the subframe needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 157,000.

- Westmont, IL, USA

Jan 102016

Pacifica

One side of my engine mount is rusting out badly as well. Would be nice to have a recall to repair this issue. I also have idling issues in which it seems like the car is going to die whether it's in park or drive. This has been going on for quite while now.

- Roscoe, IL, USA

Apr 292016

Pacifica

Well known issue with 2006 Chrysler Pacificas, the engine cradle rusts due to poor build and design. The car becomes unsafe to drive due to the possibility of the engine falling out of the car. Also will not pass an inspection. There is a class action lawsuit regarding this issue. Chrysler will not issue a recall. This is a safety issue! I have to keep putting "band-aids" on this just so I can continue to drive my car.

- Whitehall, PA, USA

Apr 262016

Pacifica

Brought our 2006 Pacifica in for a routine oil change and tire repair. Was told the subframe has rotted away. Our mechanic said he personally would not too many miles on the car and the repairs would cost anywhere from $3,000 - $5,000.

- Waterford, NY, USA

Apr 202015

Pacifica

Purchased car used with less than 85K miles. When I went to get it state inspected 1 week after purchase I was informed that the car is unsafe to drive due to engine cradle was rusted out. Repair estimates range from $3300 to over $4000. The car is less than 10 years old and under 100K miles. No help from the manufacturer. Many others with the same situation. This could be a potential life threatening situation for myself and my family. Car is worth as much as the repairs. The manufacturer should be made to make this right. Bad product. Even partial help with the repairs would help. Very disappointed in "american made".

- Wilmot, NH, USA

Apr 012016

Pacifica

The engine frame is rusting out. The rest of the frame is completely fine, but now I need to have the engine cradle completely replaced.

- Monroe, MI, USA

Apr 062016

Pacifica

Subframe rot by the engine area. This is only on the passenger side. The drivers side is fine. I've read about legal action towards Chrysler regarding premature rotting and corroding for this car.

- Clifton, NJ, USA

Apr 022016

Pacifica

When we bought the car not 11 months ago we were never told about any structural damage. A week ago we noticed a bad thumping as we were driving, so we took it to a car shop and that's when they found over 4 inches of rust on both sides of the engine cradle and they told us it was unsafe to drive.

- Dearborn Heights, MI, USA

Mar 272016

Pacifica

The engine mounts have broken, and been replaced, and broke again. The floorboard, has rusted through on the drivers side, and the frame is rusting out. The suspension is breaking and has now blow out 2 tires. The electrical panel /dash, doesn't work and causes other problems. I don't live by salt water and have been informed that this is not a new problem with this make/model. Gas fumes come up through the floorboard, and I have been dealing with this since I took it off of the dealership. I am a single mom of 3, and am not finding help from anyone. Can you please help me?

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Jan 012015

Pacifica

I have a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica touring edition with less than 115,000 miles on it. The car runs flawlessly except for the sub frame rust corrosion that has eaten away the engine and car support underneath my car. I have read continuously that this is a common problem with this type of vehicle. My car is unsafe to drive and I fear I will get into an accident while driving it. I will be taking this car to Chrysler in paramus, NJ to find out what can be done on my behalf. Are there any recalls out there, or manufacturer warranties covering such major repairs. I am not in a position to purchase to new car right now. Please help.

- Teaneck, NJ, USA

Mar 122016

Pacifica

After having my oil change mechanic show me the frame on my Pacifica 4 large holes in engine mount frame from rust.

- Akron, OH, USA

Mar 082016

Pacifica

Yesterday had new tires put on the car and the mechanic said, I need you to come see this. I looked and saw my frame rusting through. There was a report on tv on this 2 years ago. Seeing hundreds of complaints on line about this exact same problem! what will it take for a recall" when is this government organization going to care? isn't that what this is set up for" this isn't just a hand full of complaints.

- Lemont, IL, USA

Feb 212016

Pacifica

During an inspection of the car, it was observed that severe corrosion of the engine cradle has occurred. The corrosion is severe enough that it was recommended that the car not be driven. On the internet I note that there were recalls (or repairs) by Chrysler for 2005 model year cars but not 2006. The car is in excellent shape except for this cradle mount corrosion. I now have to repair the car for a cost that is more than the car is worth, or replace the Pacifica with equivalent for much more money. Chrysler should do something about this issue. Obviously, more than the 2005 cars are involved. According to the internet, there have been many reports of this problem

- Concord, NH, USA

Feb 162016

• 1,120,000 miles
I went in to get my oil changed in my 2006 Chrysler Pacifica that I've only had a year and a half the mechanic came out and got me to show me that our subframe and the rocker panels are all rusted out and he told me he didn't know how long it would last until the engine and the transmission and everything would fall out if the subframe would break why we were driving down the road he said you might want to get it checked out and so I took it and got it checked out and they told me that it would be up to $2500 to get it fixed if they didn't find anything else wrong why they were fixing it.

- Rochelle, IL, USA

Oct 222015

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. While the vehicle was parked, the contact noticed that the subframe was corroded. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who diagnosed that the subframe needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 85,000. Updated 06/17/16

- East Providence, RI, USA

Feb 012016

Pacifica

After encountering multiple problems involving front suspension, motor mounts, power steering components and uneven tire wear the dealer informed us the sub frame assembly was rusted through and needed to be replaced. This assembly has steering and suspension mounted to it, as well as serves as the cradle for the engine. After contacting the manufacturer they stated this vehicle was not included in the recall or extended warranty offered by Chrysler and they would provide no further assistance.

- Hoffman Estates, IL, USA

Jan 112014

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that the motor bracket and the motor mounts fractured. As a result, the engine was mounted on top of the starter and ignited a fire. There were no injuries and a police report was filed. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The failure mileage was 115,000.

- East Hazelcrest, IL, USA

Jan 072016

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that the vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic for minor maintenance. The mechanic noticed that the passenger side frame that supported the engine was rusted. The mechanic advised that the frame needed to be repaired or the engine would fall off. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and stated that there were no recalls. The failure was not remedied. The failure mileage was 97,000.

- Chicago, IL, USA