2006 Chrysler Pacifica body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chrysler Pacifica:

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Jun 012015

Pacifica

Discovered excessive rust on the subframe and underbody members after trying to diagnose a problem with the steering. Specifically, a "clicking" noise had appeared unexpectedly during turning and the steering wheel had undue resistance while turning. After checking for tire problems and other issues, a mechanic diagnosed the problem as a subframe failure due to excessive rust. He mentioned that if the rust progressed too far, the engine could literally fall out of the vehicle while I was driving. This issue demands a recall.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Jul 192015

Pacifica

Severely rusted sub frame under the engine. Advised by repair facility that the vehicle was not safe to drive due to the rust damage to the sub frame. This was a hidden defect that I would not have had knowledge of if I had not purchased a safety inspection. Because of this issue the vehicle failed a md safety inspection. Advised that required repairs will be over $2500.

- Davidsonville, MD, USA

Jul 172015

Pacifica

Unusual high amount of rust and holes in a frame failing nys inspection. Auto is only 9 years old.

- Hopewell Junction, NY, USA

May 012015

Pacifica

I was informed by another consumer that the front end and engine cradle, in my 2006 Chrysler Pacifica are rusting. This rust problem is causing the engine to actual fall out of vehicles. After hearing of this, I had two different mechanics check my vehicle. After both inspections I was told my vehicle is severely rusted and is not going to be safe to drive for much longer. The estimated time frame I was given is between 6-12 months. It was suggested that I drive local only and have it reinspected every three months for my safety. I contacted Chrysler's recall center only to find out there are currently no recalls issued at this time for my vehicle and they do not expect there to be any. I called directly to the Chrysler co. To hear the same thing that the recall center told me and that they have no intentions of helping people that are experiencing this problem. At this point I am unable to afford the high cost of repairs and will soon be out of a road safe vehicle.

- Malden, MA, USA

May 232012

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that the front subframe and cross member were rusted. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the engine cradle needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The contact also stated that while the vehicle on, there was a fuel odor and the check engine warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who diagnosed that the fuel pump and the fuel tank needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The contact stated that while driving approximately 40 mph, there was smoke coming from the front of the vehicle. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the rear, the lower front, and the front upper motor mounts needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired; however, the failure recurred. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 90,000.

- Oswego, IL, USA

May 112015

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. While driving at various speeds, the vehicle drifted to the right. The vehicle was taken to the an independent mechanic who discovered that the front subframe and the engine cradle was rusted and corroded. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 130,000.

- Lemrick, ME, USA

May 112015

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. While driving at various speeds, the vehicle would drift to the right. The vehicle was taken to the an independent mechanic who discovered that the front subframe and engine cradle was rusted and corroded. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 130,000.

- Lemrick, ME, USA

Apr 152015

Pacifica

I recently bought a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica touring with under 87,000 miles. When I went to have the state inspection performed I was informed by the dealership that this car will not pass inspection due to the excessive amount of rust on the engine cradle. We were informed that the vehicle is not safe to drive and needs over $3,600 of repair work done. I am a single mother and can not afford that kind of repair cost. I find it crazy that a car under 10 years old should have this kind of rust damage. The visible outside of the car is in perfect shape, but the underside is totally corroded! when I started looking online to see if anyone else has encountered this issue, I was amazed at the number of other people who have encountered this same issue. This car is not safe to drive with my daughter, as one good pot hole could cause the engine to fall out and kill both of us or anyone else on the road around us. I will paying for years on a car I cant even drive nor in good conscience sell to someone else. I find it exteamly dissappointing that Chrysler refuses to step up and do right by its customers. It will only be a matter of time until someone is killed by this car.

- Wilmot, NH, USA

Jan 052015

Pacifica

When getting oil change mechanic pointed out front frame (engine cradle) rust. Frame rusted through. Not safe to drive.

- Plain City, OH, USA

Nov 052014

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. While the vehicle was undergoing an inspection, the mechanic noticed that the engine cradle deteriorated to the point that it was rusted and corroded. The mechanic indicated that the engine cradle needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 37,000.

- West Elizabeth , PA, USA

Apr 062015

Pacifica

Just took my 2006 Chrysler Pacifica in for annual nys inspection as was told it failed due to severe rotting of the main engine cradle and it was a serious safety concern. This came as a total shock as the car has shown no other rusting of any body parts and has been a mechanically sound vehicle until this point. The mechanic showed me underneath the car and the other under carriage components are in acceptable shape, only the cradle is rusted through. I drove it to the local Chrysler dealer and they said that this problem is known by Chrysler and that I should call Chrysler and report the problem. The dealer estimate for repair was $4400! I called Chrysler directly from dealership and after some review I was told there was nothing that could be done for me!! I now have a junk vehicle with no resale possibility and I cant afford a $4400 repair nor can I allow my wife or myself to drive it without the repair being done as it is unsafe. Please help me get Chrysler to step up and fix the cradle as I have seen massive amounts of similar comments online about this issue and people are being put at great risk! Chrysler has repaired this issue at their cost for certain 2004 and 2005 Pacificas....I maintain they are responsible as well to repair my 2006 under recall as well!! they are fully aware that this problem exists!

- Rush, NY, USA

Mar 172015

Pacifica

Went in to my local mechanic for an oil change. I was informed by the mechanic that the bottom of my car rusted out. The areas of rust and corrosion encompassed the cradle, frame rails and chassie. He quoted me $4000. I am going to drive it over to the chrylser dealer on April 1st for an evaluation and explanation.

- Berwyn, PA, USA

Mar 182015

Pacifica

The car wonders right and left. Inspection at repair facility revealed alignment cant be performed due to a severly rusted or rotted out front K-member subframe (engine cradle).

- Warren, MI, USA

Feb 232015

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that front passenger side, engine carriage had rusted and fractured. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer or diagnosed. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 103,000.

- Northbrook, IL, USA

Jan 152015

Pacifica

Took my 2006 chryslar Pacifica in for an oil change and the mechanic informed me that the engine cradle is rusted out and not safe to drive. The front frame has holes that are six plus inches long in multiple places.

- Colona, IL, USA

Dec 162014

Pacifica

Went for annual NY state inspection, that got a call from mechanic to see under the car. Front engine cradle was rusted with holes and metal peeling off on the touch. Car did not pass inspection and engine cradle has to be replaced. It is not safe to drive.I was advised to contact Chrysler since they have seen many Pacifica's with the same problems. After talking to Chrysler customer service was told that they are aware of the problem but that they are sorry that they can not help since they have issued a recall but just for limited number of cars manufactured in 2004, since my car is newer it is not covered in that recall.

- Ithaca, NY, USA

Dec 152014

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that while the vehicle was being serviced, the technician discovered that the engine cross member and the front passenger side frame were corroded. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 88,000.

- Desplaines, IL, USA

Nov 252014

Pacifica

I am the owner of the car and was told by my mechanic that the entire engine cradle is rusted / rotted thru and that the car is now unsafe to drive. Chrysler has issued an extended warranty of 10 years or 150,000 miles (whichever is 1st) for 2004-2005 but not for 2006, apparently I have the exact same rot & rust issue (so it was never resolved at Chrysler) but a less accommodating warranty to fix and address it.

- Malverne, NY, USA

Nov 032014

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that while having maintenance performed, the technician notified the contact that the sub-frame was corroded. The technician recommended the sub-frame to be replaced. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The approximate failure mileage was 96,000.

- Clifton Park, NY, USA

May 022014

Pacifica

Like other early model chrylser Pacificas noted on the nhsta site- my vehicle was taken into for an oil change and the shop informed me the car was unsafe to drive due to the engine cradle/ subframe being rusted/rotted out so badly you could see through it. They said that if a large enough bump was rolled over, the engine could fall out and a serious accident could occur as the vehicle would more than likely lose control. I am now afraid to allow my wife and 2 small children to drive in it for extended periods of time. I purchased the vehicle used for roughly $10,000 less than a year prior to learning about this saftey issue from a Chrysler used and new car dealer-bryden motors in beloit, wi. I also purchased an $2000 extended warranty on the vehicle, which of course something like this is not covered in such a plan. I believe the damage was there prior to purchase and the dealer either failed to inform me, or didn't perform a well cared for inspection prior to the sale. Upon taking the vehicle back to the dealer-they said it was too far out from the original warranty and nothing could be done. They did take pictures and send to the Chrysler "imaging department" where the manufacturer defect claim I asked for them to place for me was immediately denied for coverage. I will be reaching out to Chrysler and the local media if necessary. This is a well known and serious saftey concern with the Pacifica model and due to the expense involved to fix (was told between $2500-$5000) absolutely ruins the value of the vehicle less than a year after purchase from what I though was a reputable dealer and a reputable brand such as chrylser. This is my 4rd chrylser/Dodge vehicle I have owned in the past 19 years, and if the matter is not resolved, it will ultimatley be my last.

- Loves Park, IL, USA