1.7

2006 Chrysler Pacifica fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chrysler Pacifica:

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Owner Comments (Page 2 of 3)

Feb 072015

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. While refueling the vehicle, the fuel poured back out as if the tank were full. The contact noticed that when the fuel gauge indicated at half, the lever dropped directly to empty and the engine warning light illuminated. The failure recurred multiple times. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic for diagnostic testing. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 141,000.

- Yazoo City, MS, USA

Aug 022013

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that while making a turn on an intersection at approximately 5 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning and the fuel pump gauge malfunctioned, showing an inaccurate reading. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, where it was not diagnosed or repaired. The failure recurred several times. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician diagnosed that the dual saddle fuel tanks were not transferring fuel between each other and the fuel pump was replaced. However, the failure recurred on several occasions. In addition, the contact was made aware of NHTSA campaign number: 06V432000 (power train) but the VIN was not included. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 113,180.

- Spruce Plane, NC, USA

Sep 292014

Pacifica 6-cyl

I was at stopped at signal light in traffic at rush hour. When light turned green to go, I stepped on gas pedal and vehicle started to snorkel and stall. It started jerking and continued to stall then it took off for a bit and started to stall again, then continued to go. Cars were honking and I almost got rear ended and hit on the side!. another few times before that it would rev up on its own while stopped at signal light lunging forward. Few times almost hit vehicle in front of me due to this issue! recall most definitely needs to be enforced>>>>

- Hayward, CA, USA

Aug 012014

Pacifica 6-cyl

My car seats move while I am driving automatically. With my seat belt on sometimes I cant touch the pedals. Also, my car is stalling and it eats oil nonstop. I have had it checked and nothing is shown as wrong. I see there was a recall for this model and it was done so why is this still happening. Seat issue is very dangerous, I have to drive and hold the button forward on the door to stop it from moving.

- Berkeley Springs, WV, USA

May 012014

Pacifica 6-cyl

Check engine light came, determined it was a computer code said it was a minor vacuum leak, smoke check determined that leak is coming from top of gas tank. Mechanic told me it was common on the Pacifica that hose attached to top of fuel pump causes intake line to break and only fix ix to replace fuel pump even though fuel pump itself is fine an approx repair cost of $800, parts and labor. My online research reveals that this has been an on going problem with Pacifica's. now my gas cap light is on and a second vacuum leak is showing. Chrysler needs to repair. I see on complaints I am not first to complain of this issue!

- La Verne, CA, USA

Mar 222013

Pacifica 6-cyl

I was having problems with my "check engine" light kept coming on. I took it up to my mechanic several times & he couldn't find anything wrong. He finally performed a smoke test. Was unable to find any leaks. His computer said I had a small leak detected. He said my fuel pump module was the problem & it would probably cost around $1,000 to fix since he had to drop the gas tank. Couldn't get anywhere with Chrysler. I've been driving now a year & a half plus now my gascap light is also on. I do have my mechanic check whenever I go get my oil change & he resets the check engine light, but it does come back on within a day. I've been on several websites & this is a Chrysler problem that they need to fix. I don't want to end up where I stall out like what I've been reading.

- Ocala, FL, USA

Jun 302014

Pacifica 6-cyl

My car failed on us as we were on our trip towards brownsville Texas. The electrical in my car started flickering and the motor kept accelerating itself.. then the gas indicator went from showing half tank full to 10 miles to empty.. we were in the deserted part of the checkpoint ranch so we had about 30 miles until a gas station we thought we couldn't possibly just run out of gas, but as we continued 5 minutes later our car electrical just sounded a spark and our car starting shutting off, hard steering to pull on side of road.. but thank god we had no vehicles behind us so that prevented an accident from happening.. we called family member to go help us haul our car to a nearest gas station or mechanic.. something I never want to experience with my children 3 and 1 in my car and the hot summer.. I have searched for my car if it falls in the recall category but it shows nothing.. yet it showed to have similar defects as the ones being recalled.

- Sweeny, TX, USA

Jun 282014

Pacifica

Motor mounts replaced, tie rods replaced, control arms replaced all done in the last month !! why doesn't Chrysler have a recall out on this issues since it's known for it! oh did I mention the gas pedal gets stuck all the time! other thing is my check engine light keeps coming on and off...it's been diagnosed as the fuel pump....really at this point I'm tired of putting money into the car.

- Wappinger Falls, NC, USA

Apr 012014

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that the fuel gauge indicated that the fuel tank was 50 percent full however, after driving approximately 3 miles the fuel gauge indicated that the fuel tank was empty. The vehicle stalled due to there not being any fuel in the fuel tank. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the defect but no solution was offered. The failure mileage was 120,000.

- Omaha, NE, USA

Apr 222014

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that while traveling various speeds, the vehicle suddenly stalled. The vehicle was taken to a private mechanic who stated that the fuel pump had failed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was contacted about the failure. The failure mileage and VIN was not available.

- Westminster, CA, USA

Feb 012013

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that when the fuel tank was filled, it caused the vehicle to stall. The failure had occurred intermittently, however the failure had become permanent. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer to have a diagnostic. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 75,000 and the current mileage was 113,000.

- Tabor , IA, USA

Aug 012012

Pacifica

Gas pedal sticks when accelerating from stop position. Gas tank gauge drops from 90 gals to 30 in a matter of seconds. Body paint is bubbling. Any recalls or warranties on these issues?

- Monroeville, NJ, USA

Jun 172013

Pacifica

Gas gauge drops to empty when it reaches 1/2 tank. Have to "trickle" gas in during refill and will only hold 7-8 gallons. After gauge drops to empty vehicle runs out of gas even though it shows over 200 miles to empty at time the gauge drops.

- Roswell, NM, USA

Aug 312013

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated the fuel gauge failed to display the correct fuel level and caused the vehicle to stall while driving 55 mph. The contact was able coast the vehicle onto the emergency lane to add fuel and drive the vehicle home. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure and current mileage was 139,000.

- Moro , AR, USA

Apr 182013

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler pacific. The contact stated that while driving approximately 70 mph, the vehicle stalled as the fuel indicator warning light illuminated. In addition, the contact stated that while refueling, the fuel filler neck would refuse the fuel even before the tank was full. The vehicle was not taken to a dealer for a diagnostic. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and stated that the vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 06V432000 (power train). The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 118,000 and the current mileage was 122,000.

- Wichita, KS, USA

Apr 032012

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that while starting the vehicle, the check engine warning light illuminated, followed by the illumination of the replace gas cap warning light. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the failure could not be replicated. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was contacted about the issue. The failure mileage was 100,000 and the current mileage was 105,000.

- Gaston, SC, USA

Sep 042012

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that while attempting a left turn, the vehicle suddenly stalled without warning. The vehicle was restarted with the illumination of the service engine light illuminated. The vehicle was able to be driven to the contact's destination and was later taken to a dealer where it was discovered that the fuel pump had failed. The manufacturer was contacted about the issue and informed the contact that their VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign id number: 06V432000 (power train:automatic transmission:control module (tcm, PCM)). The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 75,000 and the current mileage was 77,000.

- Peoria, IL, USA

Jan 062012

Pacifica

Engine light came on, then the gascap light came on. Was time for inspection and naturally it failed. Immediately took it to repair shop, they checked it over and just replaced the gascap. All lights were off so took it back for inspection. It passed amazingly. Later that day, the gascap light came back on. Drove a number of months with light on knowing it was a new gascap and it needed a smoke test to find the leak. Had alternator replaced and also a new right side fuel pump with the fuel hose from vent on primary to fuel pump vent nipple on other side. They were amazed that I hadn't smelled fuel leaking. Also amazed there was no fire. This is a serious fault and needs to be addressed by Chrysler after reading all the other same problems. Please Chrysler, do the right thing!!

- Aubrey, TX, USA

Mar 142012

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that after refueling, the fuel gauge would still read empty. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who diagnosed that the fuel pump, the fuel tank and the fuel gauge needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure who did not offer any assistance since the vehicle was not included on any recalls. The failure mileage was not available.

- Sioux City , IA, USA

Aug 222010

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that while driving the vehicle, the check engine warning light illuminated. The contact took the vehicle to the dealer for inspection where they stated that the fuel pump needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 40,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Oak Park, IL, USA