2006 Chrysler Pacifica miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chrysler Pacifica:

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Aug 122015

I took the car in for an oil change and was told the subframe was corroded. I was told to take it to a deal to have it inspected. The dealer verified that the subframe was rusted and unsafe to drive. I checked for recalls and there weren't any for 2006. There were recalls for 2004 and 2005 with the same problem stating that the subframe was not properly coated which resulted in the rust. They stated there was a higher incidence of rust in salt belt states which applies to this vehicle. There is also a class action suit for vehicles from 2004-2008. When I contacted Chrysler customer service, they informed me that there was no recall from 2006 and there was nothing they could do to help. They felt as though the problem had been corrected. I disagree since the same problem occurred a year later. I feel as though Chrysler is responsible and should correct this problem.

- Hamburg, NY, USA

Jul 202015

Update on earlier report. Had an independent sevice station check condition of rusting engine cradle on 7/21/15. Mechanic reported that the rot damage is a safety issue, car should not be driven. Rear engine cradle cross member rusting out over the years driven, unknown to me. Also brought car to Chrysler sevice station for their mechanic's inspection on 7/ 27/15. Reported that the cradle was very rusty. Large rusted out holes in the stucture are very easy to see. I was told the car was O.K. to drive today and that the engine could fall through at any time later. Not a safety issue ? was also told I could keep comming back repetedly at 52$ a pop to have them check on the progression of the rot. Quoted $2800 for repair, car not worth the cost, nor can I afford the cost. I was rushed out of the sevice area after being handed the bill. No talk about how the cradle was manufactured poorly, only that I could spray some type of rust inhibitor on the effected areas. Chrysler has had my three young children and wife sitting in a car that could have caused them serious injury or death. I have since found out that Chrysler knows about the faulty product and continued to produce more. I depended on this car everyday, I was happy with it untill now. I was happy with Chrysler intill now, they need to step-up and fix what they know was not safe to start with. My car now sits in the driveway untill I can take further action.

- Shorewood, WI, USA

Jun 182015

I have had two different Chrysler dealerships tell me the engine cradle is rusted through to the point of being a safety concern. I'm the original owner of the 2006 Chrysler Pacifica AWD limited edition and the car doesn't have any rust on it, and is in excellent condition with 165,000 miles on it, except for the engine cradle which has rusted completely through on both sides. The dealerships both quoted over $3,000 for the repair. I contacted Chrysler head quarters and was told a limited recall of some 2004-2005 Pacifica's was issued, but nothing could be done for my 2006. Searching the internet I find complaints from thousands of Pacifica owners with models ranging from 2004-2008 all with this same issue. Given the engine could drop out of the vehicle at any moment on thousands of vehicles I find it irresponsible the NHTSA has not forced Chrysler to correct the situation. Thankfully this country has lawyers who can act when government fails to protect the people and a class action law suit has been filed in Ohio by clark, perdue, and list lpa.

- Albertville, MN, USA

Jul 062013

We have a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica that we purchased used in 2008 with 26K miles. In 2011 we started experience problems. Simultaneously, we came up with codes P0700, P0420 and P0456 and have had to have the transmission rebuilt, the catalyst converter replaced and new fuel pump due to the evap leak. In a matter of months, we spent $5,900 on repairs and in order for the car to pass inspection. We were still making payments on this car and after contacting Chrysler repeatedly, we were told that they would not be responsible, so we were forced to make these repairs. After further research, we found that many Pacificas had many of the same problems that we were experiencing and that Chrysler refused to acknowledge the issues.we have had electrical problems with the power seats, bluetooth, side view mirrors. The electrical system shortens the life of the battery and we have had to replace the battery prematurely several times. Now we need an ABS sensor, and the car leaks in through the front window seals on both sides when it rains. We have just found out when we had the car in for a routine oil change, that our engine cradle(sub frame) is rusted and is a hazard to drive and will cost approximately $2,500 to replace! we just made our last payment on this car as we found this information out. We have also found out that many Pacificas have this rusting problem and Chrysler did acknowledge this for 2004 & 2005 models but not after. We are aware that there is a class action suit and want to be sure that the ntsa is aware of this. This is a family car and there may be many unsuspecting Pacifica owners and their families out there who are at risk of injury or possibly loss of life. We feel that Chrysler needs to warn all owners and implore them to have them bring their Pacificas to the dealership free of charge to have it inspected and repaired for this hazardous issue.

- Lanoka Harbor, NJ, USA

May 012015

I was informed by another consumer that the front end and engine cradle, in my 2006 Chrysler Pacifica are rusting. This rust problem is causing the engine to actual fall out of vehicles. After hearing of this, I had two different mechanics check my vehicle. After both inspections I was told my vehicle is severely rusted and is not going to be safe to drive for much longer. The estimated time frame I was given is between 6-12 months. It was suggested that I drive local only and have it reinspected every three months for my safety. I contacted Chrysler's recall center only to find out there are currently no recalls issued at this time for my vehicle and they do not expect there to be any. I called directly to the Chrysler co. To hear the same thing that the recall center told me and that they have no intentions of helping people that are experiencing this problem. At this point I am unable to afford the high cost of repairs and will soon be out of a road safe vehicle.

- Malden, MA, USA

May 122015

Frame at motor mounts has significant rust. Rest of car is very good shape with no rust. The drivers side has more damage than passenger but both side have a good real of rust in the engine cradle area

- Parma, OH, USA

May 012015

Engine cradle has rotted out at only 88,550 miles. The rot is so bad you can literally push through the bottom with your fingers, causing severely unstable steering/stopping/turning/accelerating. There is no rust anywhere else on the car. Chrysler was contacted and I was told that "its no longer under warranty" and that "our decision is final" via email. There are hundreds of these vehicles out there with this issue and it needs to be addressed asap by Chrysler.

- Trenton, MI, USA

Mar 242015

Pacifica 6-cyl

I have a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. I brought it in for an alignment and my mechanic found a lot of rest on the underside of the car. He believes it is rust much beyond a reasonable amount of rust. I contacted Chrysler corporation on March 24, 2015. I was told that there is no warranty and no coverage for the issue. They only cover the 2004 and 2005 Chrysler Pacifica with this issue. The amount of rust is unreasonable for a 2006 vehicle with 120,000 miles on it.

- Iron, MN, USA

Jan 072015

Pacifica 6-cyl

I took my car in for an oil change and my mechanic informed me my frame is rusted out and has holes in it. He says he has never seen this in a car of this age. I know this is a problem and Chrysler needs to fix it before someone gets hurt. We have always bought Dodge and Chrysler cars for the past 20 years, but if I have to buy a new car and Chrysler doesn't help with this fix of the frame I will not buy a Dodge or Chrysler again !

- Elwood, IL, USA

Sep 212010

Pacifica 6-cyl

I am filing this complaint after learning of the recent Chrysler recall on 9/21/14. My 2006 Chrysler Pacifica frequently stalls and leaks something. Not sure if it is a fuel leak. All Chrysler SUVS should be recalled!

- Chapel Hill, NC, USA

Sep 172014

Pacifica 6-cyl

When having my brakes replaced, the mechanic noticed the steel frame of the vehicle completely rusted out. I contacted Chrysler warranty department who informed me that only a small window of vehicles built in 2004 qualified for the recall. Apparently this is happening on the model vehicle to many people with no relief from Chrysler.

- Forest Hill, MD, USA

Mar 292014

Pacifica 6-cyl

My 2006 Chrysler Pacifica with 89000 miles on is a time bomb do to corrosion of the engine cradle, my mechanic call Chrysler dealer to see if there was any recall on it and was told no.I contact Chrysler my self to see if their will help with the cost the answer sorry no warranty good luck with the repair, I can not understand why nobody due, some think Chrysler definitely wont do nothing abbot their product. Until some body die.

- Staten Island, NY, USA

Jan 152011

Car has stalled (engine cuts out completely) without any warning and while being driven at least 4 time. Most recent was while merging onto freeway it just stopped, nearly causing fatal accident to my daughter who was driving at the time. Complete shut down of car causes the steering wheel to lock with no means of getting to side of road. You're a sitting duck for a crash. Fortunately, she got the car in park and restarted it. The car is at stevens creek Chrysler dealership (towed there today). I am also in touch with Chrysler corporation regarding this flaw and reparations that are due me from this lemon. The dealerships number is 408 248-1800. They are aware I am pursuing my options with this dangerous car and I really don't want it back even if they tell me they've fixed it. I don't trust this problem as it's rampant and cars are being recalled for this reason. It's a blessing my daughter wasn't killed from what this car did.

- San Jose, CA, USA