2006 Chrysler Pacifica miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chrysler Pacifica:

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Jun 152016

"takatarecall" the motor cradle is carroded in rust and the Pacifica is only got 70,000 miles on it and we are not able to drive it any more as they told us the motor could fall out! it has brand new tires on it and everything is new on it! the passenger side of the sub frame is also rusted out! I have seen so many 2006 Chrysler Pacificas on the complaint list and I am shocked that they have not done anything about this! I did send a complaint about two months ago, and you did nothing! this is dangerous if we had not known about it, we could have been driving the Pacifica and there could have been a serious accident. The only way we found out about it was I was checking underneath it, and that is what I found! we have had many people tell us that it is not right that something should be done to help us. I have sent pictures before, and I can send them again! please help us.

- Rock Falls, IL, USA

Oct 012016

Vehicle was brought in for alignment and I was informed the engine cradle is rotted out and will need to be replaced. I did some homework and learned this is a common problem with all Pacifica's. Chrysler has only repair roughly 7,000 vehicles made is 2004 during a one month period. This is a model/year wide problem. There is a class action lawsuit currently pending.

- Fitchburg, MA, USA

Jul 262016

When taking my car for a routine oil change, the technician advised me that my car would not pass inspection due to severe rusting of the engine cradle. After searching the web, I found that this has been a problem with this model and that Chrysler refuses to address this problem but for a very narrow manufacturing window. How long is an engine cradle supposed to last if properly coated" I also saw that there is a class action suit regarding this problem. Are others in the same situation getting any satisfaction from this action? I spent $3,600 to replace the engine cradle without any help from Chrysler. If this is a wide-spread and dangerous problem, why are they just ignoring it" unfortunately, I don't have any photos of the rotted out cradle.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Jun 122016

I have a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. I brought the vehicle in for an oil change and found out the vehicle subframe is almost rusted out. The vehicle has less than 81000 miles.

- Chicago, IL, USA

May 262016

Took my 2006 Chrysler Pacifica in for an oil change. The cradle is cracked and rusted out. The car is unsafe to drive, and the repair is very expensive. We are now unable to use our car. We can't afford the repair, and are not in a position to purchase a new one. It appears that there are a very large number of Pacifica's that are effected, and Chrysler only recalled a very small portion of the Pacifica's. this is a defective part on my car, and Chrysler should replace this part. This mistake is putting people's lives in danger.

- Loves Park, IL, USA

May 032016

During a routine service appointment, I was informed that the engine crossmember of my Pacifica was dangerously corroded and their was a high probability of failure that would result in my engine and transmission falling out of the car. Chrysler acknowledged the issue but only for 7,000 2004-5 Pacificas. Clearly this problem goes beyond this number. My concern is that there was no notification from Chrysler that this problem existed and there are probably thousands of Pacifica owners at risk of crossmembers failing.

- Neenah, WI, USA

Mar 022016

I am proud owner of a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica and regularly had it serviced. With no warning at all, I was told that the engine cradle is completely rusted and the car is unsafe to drive. I am astonished that there was a recall on the car, yet it was limited to a very few of the cars. My mechanic said he hasn┐T ever seen anything like it even on cars 30 years old! potential injury/death to occupant and others using the roads if the cradle fails and engine drops out while driving.Chrysler has an ongoing problem with Pacifica's suspensions and knowingly keeps this info from owners and refuses to make the repairs ( est $5,023.86)S. By this action it knowingly put owners at grave risk and financial difficulty. People are left with vehicles with no resale value and the risk of great harm.

- Clayton, DE, USA

Aug 102014

On my 2006 Chrysler Pacifica the check engine light and the gas cap light are constantly coming on. I had the vehicle checked and was told everything was ok and the check engine light was reset and a new gas cap put on. About two days later the same thing happened and again the check engine light came on as did the check gas cap light. The check engine light was reset and I was told nothing is wrong. Now when I park the vehicle I can smell gasoline vapors. Again I had the vehicle checked and was told everything was ok. I purchased the vehicle in 2008, had approx. 45,000 miles on the car. As of this date, 03/28/2015 I have approx 75,000 miles on the car. What could the problem be.

- Kissimmee, FL, USA

Mar 112016

Engine cradle is severely rotted and needs replacement. Sway bar bushings and front and rear motor mounts need replacement.

- Monona, WI, USA

Mar 082016

Driving with kids front of vehicle kept feeling as if the whole front end was about yo fall off. Mechanic sd probably tie rod ends and motor mount. Took to mechanic when they lifted the car my whole engine cradle was severly rusted, seperated and was told lucky engine didnt fall through while driving. I can not safely drive car and to repair is thousands of dollars! bought at a dealership Aug 2012 they will not help with repairs either. I still owe on my car and it could be life threatning to drive this car. Very upset but thankful me and the kids did not get hurt. The mechanics were in shock when they saw the rusted out engine cradle!

- Fort Wayne, IN, USA

Dec 312015

While traveling I had some alignment issues with my car, I brought it to a Chrysler dealership service area to make certain the car was safe to drive home to Connecticut. While I was told it will be fine to make it home, my subframe will need to be replaced due to rust. As I researched this, I see that this has been an issue with the Pacifica 2004-2006 models. Below are the statements from service: 1. sub-frame badly rusted reported 12/31/2015 by Chrysler service easton, md 2. front sub-frame nearly broken 01/02/2016 by town fair tire, hamden, ct.

- Hamden, CT, USA

Dec 282015

I took my car in for steering problem and was told that the subframe or C-member was so rotted it was not safe to drive. Surprisingly the local dealership had the part in stock at a cost of $1570 plus the isolators(4 X $58.95). The total cost to repair since I couldn't sell the car was $2519.65. It seems Chrysler knows there are dangerous vehicles on the road and does nothing to help owners defer the repair costs. If there is a class action lawsiut I want to be part of it. I have the documentation and pictures of the rusted frame on and off the car along with the repair bill. If needed I can upload the files.

- New Baltimore, MI, USA

Sep 222015

Took my 2006 Chrysler Pacifica in for brake service and was told by the technician that the engine sub-frame is rotted and is unsafe to drive. My mechanic searched around for sub-frame and the least expensive used was $950 plus labor. In investigating the vehicle it seems there is a problem with sub-frame on the Chrysler Pacifica from 2004-2008. Is there a recall on this part" if not is there a class action law suit on this vehicle for the above item"

- Montclair, NJ, USA

Sep 242015

Went to get my oil changed and was informed my subframe was very rusted and the vehicle is unsafe to drive. The car is washed even underneath frequently so was very surprising on a car less than 10 years old until I started doing research and found it is common occurrence on these years of Pacifica. It is a safety hazard because if the subframe fails entirely the engine could fall out of the vehicle.

- Hamilton, OH, USA

Sep 262015

Took to mechanic to replace links in wheels. Mechanic informed me of the rusted through subframe. I don't wanna be driving down the road then all the sudden my engine falls out. Only transportation I have.

- Rochelle, IL, USA

Sep 182015

Went to get an oil change on my 2006 Pacifica as I have been doing about every 6 months & was informed that they couldn't touch it because the engine was ready to fall through & was advised not to even drive it home that day. So it turns out that the sub-frame was completely rusted away & barely hanging in there. This car is only 9 years old & has been (for the most part) kept in a garage when it wasn't in use. I submitted a claim to Chrysler & was informed by the car dealer where I took it that they denied the claim & stated that it was an environmental problem so I can't help but wonder why everyone else's engines aren't falling out if that's the case.I can't even imagine what would have happened if I had hit one of these pot holes that we had to deal with this spring at 70 mph on the expressway. So here I am working from paycheck to paycheck just trying to make an honest living & keep my lights turned on & now facing a $2,800.+ (because of other damages to vehicle because engine was sitting off balance) if I want my car back in running condition.

- Washington, DC, USA

Sep 082015

Upon regular maintenance, the auto mechanic discovered my 2006 Pacifica engine cradle frame is totally rusted out. He advised me the cost of repair is so high that it is not worth to repair. He further required me to acknowledge that my car is not safe to drive. This is very unusual to have a subframe rusted though the whole metal frame since the car was always kept in Maryland, we hardly have any snow in the last 10 years. From the search on the internet, it turns out that this subframe problem affected was common in many Pacifica on the road. We felt fortunate that the engine has not dropped on the ground and lead to a fatal crash. Why there is not recall on these Pacificas.

- Elkton, MD, USA

Aug 202015

Purchased from private owner in Aug 2015. On Sept. 10 2015 took it in to shop for rotor and brake repair and was told to park it because the sub cradle is almost rotted all the way through. I am a single parent with 2 children and cannot afford the repair of this. Already owning another Chrysler product, I'm very disappointed that Chrysler would be willing to fix 04-05 models with the exact same issue and not an 06. Called the service number at Chrysler twice and was told 06 could not be repaired under their recall. Now I'm stuck with an auto that the body and engine are totally solid and great looking but engine is ready to fall out. Someone help please!

- Wellsville, OH, USA

Aug 272015

The Pacifica floor shifter will not shift out of park. The problem is exactly the same as has been recalled for the (2005-2007) Chrysler 300, Dodge charger, and magnum (Chrysler customer satisfaction notification code K39), but is not listed for the Pacifica. The transmission shifter interlock lever spring hook breaks and prevents the shifter from shifting out of park. This defect is noted frequently on the Chrysler forums (

- Orlando, FL, USA

Aug 192015

When taking my 2006 Chrysler Pacifica to be serviced for broken motor mount. My vehicle was brought in the shop, not even 30 minutes passed and I was contacted immediately by the mechanic, that in the process of replacing my motor mount he noticed that my cradle was rotted out and very unsafe to drive because this was a very important component on my vehicle, (steering, engine, transmission and ect.) are being held up by the cradle, and the mechanic stated that the engine can fall out at anytime! I am in fear for my family and I, to know that we travel at high speeds on the free way. We live in a city where there are many pot holes and craters in the streets we drive on, and to know that we can be in danger is insane. He quoted me around $3,000 to repair and I cannot afford to cover this issue. There has to be something done by the Chrysler Corp. Hopefully this speaks for many owners of this same vehicle.

- South Euclid, OH, USA